it's NOT no sugar & other nonsense

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jules

it's NOT no sugar & other nonsense

Post by jules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:41 am

I think people should remember that one of the No Ss is No SWEETS, it's not no sugar.

The reason I bring this up is that a lot of people are asking about forbidden foods. Simply put THERE ARE NO FORBIDDEN FOODS, just some foods are DEFERRED.

For example, I've seen a couple questions like: is it ok to put sugar in my coffee or tea? Well ask the questions:

1. is it a snack?

2. is it a "seconds"?

3. is it a sweet?

Unless you put so much sugar in your drink that it's more like syrup than tea, you're probably doing just fine. Need to put a little sugar on your breakfast cereal? Go ahead. A bit of jam on your toast? No problem!

As some great man once said (RE: S days) : Don't be an idiot.

jules

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 am

LOL, great point, jules! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:46 pm

It's funny how many people read "no sweets" and understand "no sugar," despite all my attempts to distinguish the two.

My rule of thumb is "if it's sweet enough to be a dessert, then it's a sweet." If not, don't worry about it.

Reinhard

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:47 pm

reinhard wrote:It's funny how many people read "no sweets" and understand "no sugar," despite all my attempts to distinguish the two.

My rule of thumb is "if it's sweet enough to be a dessert, then it's a sweet." If not, don't worry about it.

Reinhard
Like Pop Tarts. Those are weekend yummies . . . sometimes!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille