Totally New at This!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jazzys mom

Totally New at This!

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi All!

I just read about this diet last night in Woman's World and found it facinating! I have about 30 or 35 lbs to lose and promised myself that I would begin at New Year's to lose it by cutting all my portions in half. Didn't happen! Of course all the eating out and desserts didn't help either! I think this No S Diet is something that I may be able to handle since I can have a cookie or piece of cake on the S days. I can't live without SOME sweets! :lol:

Jazzys Mom

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:19 pm

You're not the only one who appreciates being able to have cookies or cake or other desserts on weekends. Some of us pretty routinely bake on weekends.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 pm

So, I can go out to breakfast and have sausage and eggs and toast, just no jam on the toast and no French toast, right? that I save for the weekends?

Do you think peanut butter is ok? I love toast and peanut butter

Jazzys Mom

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 pm

You can have jam (as long as it is not tablespoons of jam) and french toast if you want (unless they are foods that will cause you to binge?).

I often have toast with peanut butter and marmalade for breakfast.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks! I think the French Toast would have me craving sweets all day so I'll save that for an S day!

Jazzys Mom

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:46 pm

WELCOME Jazzys mom!
I am new this week too thanks to the article in Woman's World Mag.

I have a lot to lose, but it will be ok, its all about establishing habits. So far I am loving this program!!

Welcome again.

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Thank you for the welcome! I'm really excited about this way of eating!

JAzzys Mom