Fake S Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mypalval

Fake S Day

Post by mypalval » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi..I just started..saw the article in W.W. also..good advertising for the plan. My question is..I have already made plans for dinner at a friends friday night and had asked her to make her world famous chocolate cream pie..I can't not eat it after asking..is it o.k to just this once make friday a Saturday and Saturday a Sunday and Sunday a monday and then just keep the days straight the next weekend?
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels (except maybe chocolate)

Nichole

Re: Fake S Day

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:19 pm

mypalval wrote:Hi..I just started..saw the article in W.W. also..good advertising for the plan. My question is..I have already made plans for dinner at a friends friday night and had asked her to make her world famous chocolate cream pie..I can't not eat it after asking..is it o.k to just this once make friday a Saturday and Saturday a Sunday and Sunday a monday and then just keep the days straight the next weekend?
I say do everything else and have your sweet. You already planned on it and she made it for you. Count Friday night as an N day, but not a perfect N day. My first No-S day was a Friday night (April 4) and it was a Baby Shower. So though I had no sweets during the day, or snacks or seconds, I counted it as an N Day, but not a perfect one. To quote many long-time No-Sers, it takes time to develop a habit and you won't be perfect in the beginning anyways!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

mypalval

Post by mypalval » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks for the idea..love your pic of the "Fab Four"...good luck to us both on our new plan!!!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Thanks! Loooove The Beatles.

I forgot to mention that that night I had a canolli and a piece of cake. But I think you figured that out, anyway.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm

ooh, canolli. Stop it stop it.

*sigh*

I'm reading Lisa Scottoline mysteries and getting so hungry I now have a headache. :D

I'd kill for a Krimpet. It's been like 10 years in exile.

f

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 pm

ooh, canolli. Stop it stop it.

*sigh*

I'm reading Lisa Scottoline mysteries and getting so hungry I now have a headache. :D

I'd kill for a Krimpet. It's been like 10 years in exile.

f

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:46 pm

mypalval...I start my "S" days on Friday night and end them late Sunday afternoon.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 pm

This is the perfect occasion for a lower case S day. Basically like an N day, with just one and only one S involved.
Dawn

jules

Post by jules » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:25 pm

You're eating out at a friend's house and specifically asked for the pie. And you even did it BEFORE you knew about No S.

Your friend thinks you're special enough to comply w/ your request. And I think it's enough of a SPECIAL occasion to qualify as an S day.

jules

carajo21

Call it an S day...as in Special!

Post by carajo21 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Sounds like a special day to me as well!! I'm sure it made your friend feel special you requesting the cake!! I would call it an S day, then be a little more strict Sat. or Sun! :D

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 pm

This once, call it an S day (after all it was pre planned, like holidays and birthdays) but DO NOT restrict yourself at all this weekend. Don't even start going down the road of additional restrictions. Set yourself up for psychological success by leaving your S days as S days. Even if you don't count it as an S day, but rather a blip in habit building, don't mess with your S days.

Trust me. It took a few starts on No S before I figured out my "compensating" and restrictions were setting me up for failure. A slip up on an N day is better than giving up completely because I can't live with my own self imposed restrictions.
Heather

mypalval

Post by mypalval » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:11 am

thanks for all the help everyone..I will trust those of you that have been down the road before...It will be an S night!
Thanks again