Does no sugar make you grouchy??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laphillips

Does no sugar make you grouchy??

Post by laphillips » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:39 am

I seem to be so grouchy lately. I just started this diet and seem to be doing pretty well :) But I use to eat alot of sweets. I think because when I eat food it makes my stomach hurt(IBS) So I would just eat sweets and I didn't hurt . But now I know that the sweets are probably a big part of my stomach always bloating. I can tell a difference in the way my stomach feels, not as swollen!! YEA!!! I just hope I get over this being grouchy :cry: Good thing I work midnights by myself!!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 am

Well, remember, it's not "no sugar", but "no sweets" -- so you avoid things that you'd consider a sweet treat or dessert.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lola628

sugar

Post by lola628 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:50 am

The times when I consume a lot of sugar then suddenly stop eating it I feel some withdrawal effects (much like when I cut back on caffeine.) You're not getting those constant sugar highs now and you're body may be readjusting. Sugar really wreaks havoc on my body. The mood swings are just intolerable.

And for some reason plain M&M's send me. I can almost feel my pupils dilating, like I'm on drugs or something!

What I really like the most about No S is now I'm starting to realize exactly how much food I was eating. A LOT. Even the healthy snacks that I thought were so good for me, nuts and fruit in the middle of the day. Or chocolate chip banana bread from Starbucks with my afternoon cappuccino, or an evening snack on popcorn or almonds and banana. This stuff adds up! WAY up.

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Even the healthy snacks that I thought were so good for me, nuts and fruit in the middle of the day
No S made me realise just how many nuts I was eating! I often snacked on nuts and raisins once or twice a day, in addition to meals (which may also include these!). Nuts and dried fruit are very healthy but also quite calorie dense, so confining them to meal times definitely helps reduce consumption :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm

I guess you're in sugar high withdrawl?
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

apple

Post by apple » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:50 pm

You could always have tea with some sugar or honey, if you really want something sweet.