chips with lunch?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

GLENDA

chips with lunch?

Post by GLENDA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Hey, I hope this isn't a cheat but I am having potatoe chips with my sandwich for lunch. It all fits on my plate. I am having some salad also-on the plate. Drinking 2% milk. The milk is helping to hold me- :lol:

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Glenda,

Enjoy your lunch. Why do you think this would be a cheat?

GLENDA

chips with lunch

Post by GLENDA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Chips are snack foods-see ? old diet head thinking again!!!! :lol:

Blithe Morning

Re: chips with lunch

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:51 pm

GLENDA wrote:Chips are snack foods-see ? old diet head thinking again!!!! :lol:
We need a diet head emoticon. A diet head emoticon with a large King Kong type foot squishing it would be better.

For the record, I think snacks are more a when than a what.

jules

Post by jules » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm

I agree with Blithe Morning, I think snacks are more of a WHEN YOU EAT than a WHAT YOU EAT. That's why even if your snack is an orange, if it's in-between meals, it's an N-day failure. This is much more about building habit.

If you read some of the comments by long time no-Sers, you'll see that after they got the 3 meal, 1 plate/meal, no snacks down, that that is when they started tweaking what was on that 1 plate. Well this is by no means universal among the long time no-Sers, but it is rather common.

jules

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Yes, in No S parlance, snacks are a when, not a what.

The "healthiness" of my meals vary. While I genuinely do love salads, I also love peanut butter sandwiches. I don't love them so much, or find them any sort of trigger to undesired behavior that I feel it's necessary to make them an S, so if I want one as part of a meal, I have one.

Today I had homemade Garbage Soup (chicken, celery, carrots, mushrooms, ginger, onions and brown rice) and a natural peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread. "Diet-perfect"? Hardly. But it wasn't an excessive or inappropriate amount of food.

Do I ever have the Dieter-approved salad for lunch? Often! I love a good salad, especially when the weather gets warm.

But in each case, I eat a single plate of food.

What's cool to me is that I don't have to limit my choices to the "virtuous" food. If I really wanted potato chips, I'd have 'em, and wouldn't feel in the least guilty about it. They've no more fat or salt than peanut butter.

My choices in meals are usually governed by, "Will this carry me to the next meal without being excessive?"

GLENDA

chips with lunch

Post by GLENDA » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Thanks for all your replies! I think a diet thinking emoticon would be great!!!! Points taken-how soon I forget-menopausal mind-how 'bout an emoticon for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: