Stay At Home Parents Unite!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MoonGoddess

Stay At Home Parents Unite!

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi there, I am new here after reading Women's World and the article about the No S Diet. :-)

I think this diet is very realistic. Especially for stay at home Mom's and Dad's!

It's easier when you're at work (depending on your job, which in my case used to be a receptionist) to not snack and eat all day long. But when you're at home with the kids, it's much easier to put on weight.

It has been really hard dieting with a toddler in the house. He's growing and needs to have snacks in the day along with his meals. Which is tempting for me while preparing his foods.

I have been on diets in the past which required me to cook a separate meal for myself than what my husband and son were eating...which was so unrealistic for my life.

But the No S Diet is so easy to apply, I can see it being much easier to follow, because I can eat the same meals they are eating.

And the weekends I am free to have a piece of cake, which is something I'm sure I'll look forward to all week, and I will really enjoy that cake because I will know that I earned it.

I am starting my No S Diet on Monday. hahaha, yes - we've all started a new diet on Monday. But it is Saturday tomorrow. Doesn't mean I won't keep the No S Diet in mind this weekend either. I will have a better mindset to eat better, even on S days. :-)

Thanks for sharing this plan with everyone!
The only disability in life is a closed mind. -Me

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Don't start Monday. Start Saturday.

Really.

You will set yourself up for success in a few ways. First, you can't fail or even make a mistake on your first two days. With two successful days under your belt your first N day is much easier. Second, you won't feel deprived of any S day treat because you will know you WILL get to have them because you ALREADY HAVE and will again. This is very important mentally. And third, anything you can do differently than you have on past diets, the better. Get rid of your scale (or at least hide it), don't buy "diet food" etc. I have found that "fad diet mentality" is the hardest part (for me) to overcome in building the No S habit. The less I do that remind me of a diet, the better and easier No S is.

Although not a stay at home mom yet, I do work only part time and if all goes well I will be a SAHM this time next year.
Heather

MoonGoddess

Thanks Heather :-)

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for the tips :-) *hugs* :lol:

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:30 pm

I always found it harder not to snack at work. There was all manner of snack food there -- and I don't keep it at home.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

MoonGoddess

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes, I know that some work places are like that. The last job I had was just soooo busy, I was answering a switchboard of 21 lines...all ringing at once, while doing typing and other tasks, so there was no time to snack :)

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:01 pm

I do think that people who work migh thave it easier than us sahm's. Food is always very available to me and i gained A LOT of weight when I quit my job to raise my kids.

NOS has boundaries and limitations, so you can raise your toddler AND your tummy toddler (mine has been testing me ALL week! LOL)

Welcome to noS :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18