S(ick) days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

palomayombe

S(ick) days

Post by palomayombe » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 pm

No. Sick days are S days.
Heather

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Yup. Sick starts with s. Do whatever it takes to get yourself through.

I have to say, though, that I haven't taken a No-s sick day in a long time. If anything, I find it's easier to stick to the rules on sick days than on regular days because I'm just not as hungry.

I do lay off the shovelglove, though. :-)

Reinhard

jules

Post by jules » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:24 am

My take on sick days/injury days: for shovelglove, if I take a day off due to illness or injury, it's an S day. I will do shovelglove if I have a cold, but not a flu.

For no-S, I think if I can't comply (as in if I can't eat at all), I'll consider it an S-day. Otherwise, there's probably no real need to change anything. If I'm pretty sick, and need to eat in smaller meals b/c of it, I'll count that as a success unless I go overboard. However, I can't remember the last time I was sick AND could go overboard in the eating department.

jules

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Good timing on this... I've been sick for the past three days, and am only beginning to feel human today.

I think No-S has helped, actually. I mostly ate meals (small ones) when I was supposed to, even though I had very little appetite. Since I was given meds that had to be taken with meals, that routine was good.

And the "habit structure" carries over in other little ways. When I've been this sick before, I've stayed in bed, because I didn't have the energy to get up and take a shower. I don't have any more energy this time, but I'm still doing my normal "morning routine." And of course, being clean feels better. Even if I collapse on the sofa afterwards.

I haven't been exercising, but that's okay. And I have "skipped" my S-days this weekend because I totally don't care. Oh, well.

Glad to be on the upswing from this junk. It's knocked me for more of a loop than anything I've had in years and years.