Do you still eat your three meals on S Day??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nossuzy

Do you still eat your three meals on S Day??

Post by Nossuzy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:28 am

My first S day is tomorrow and I am making cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Do I need to eat a normal one plate meal first and then let myself have a treat? Or is it eat what you want?

I am not going to go crazy, but wondering if I can have the cinnamon rolls as my breakfast by itself.

I know there aren't really any rules but wondering what everyone else has had success with.

Happy NoS'ing!

~Suzy
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:34 am

I've done it both ways. Whatever works and seems right for you.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:13 am

On S days, I have an after dinner dessert and then seconds of it.
That's what works for me, but then again, snacking is a big issue for me, so I feel better if I don't do any snacking, because I just don't want to be even close to picking up the habit again.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:06 am

Suzy,

my first set of S days that went well I kept with three very clear meals and that worked. Last weekend my second set of S days we ended up eating breakfast and then lunch so late it became lunch/dinner.

I was surprised I did not want to eat my third meal I had planned on either of those days and was afraid that skipping them would set me up for failure on my N days this week.

Fortunately that did nto happen. I am going to plan three meals for this weekend each day but if I don't get to them I will not despair or force myself to eat.

On S days my husband and I go get donuts and coffee/tea
I get two donuts and one tea .... sticking with no seconds,

I keept he no seconds for my other meals two. I usually have a treat after lunch on Sunday and Saturday, but definitely NOT another one after dinner iif I eat it.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Today is my first NO S day too.
JUST because I am still trying to build/instill the habit of 3 meals a day, I am going to stick to that on my s days. However, I will allow my self a treat or two. I usually make cinnamon rolls and bacon on Sundays. I will have a roll and one or two pieces of bacon. That will be my breakfast.

Good luck to you!

:-)

eizzo

my first S day also

Post by eizzo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Today is my first S day and I plan to stick to the plan of no S's but have a sweet/dessert tomorrow technically my second S day.

Good luck on whatever you are trying.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Sometimes on weekends (or holidays) we only have brunch and dinner; sometimes breakfast, a late lunch and no dinner; sometimes we have 3 meals. It just depends and I really don't worry about it much. What you do on N days is more important than what you do on S days. As a friend of mine says, "What you do now and then isn't as important as what you do daily."
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:19 pm

I do eat my three meals. Sometimes the meals are different.

I had a guest over for breakfast and he wanted pancakes, so that's what I made. While not a HUGE thing with me, I did enjoy being able to have them with good real maple syrup and without guilt.

I'll be having a normal lunch and dinner. Maybe I'll makes something sweet if the Spirit moves me, but I'm not feeling a craving right now. And if I did, by golly I'd enjoy it. I had me some GOOD N days last week.

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:05 pm

What is working for me is to eat anything I want for my 3 meals. Anything that fits single layer on my plate. Except for desserts. When S days arrive the only thing I haven't had is dessert(sugar) so the need to binge in rebellion isn't there as there was no deprivation M-F. I really think about what desserts I want. On S(unday) night any remaining desserts get pitched. So N days and s days are the same except for the inclusion of dessert. I don't snack because this is something I need not to do to be able to re-habit. I also don't eat much past 3 hours before bedtime as I want/need to have an appetite for Monday's firts plate.