Another WW reader

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fatfarmlady

Another WW reader

Post by fatfarmlady » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 am

Hi, I read about the NoS diet in Woman's World and checked it out on the internet and ordered the book at Amazon.com. I just finished reading it and out of the 20 diet books I own, this is the one that has my name on it. i was not a snacker until I got married. My farmer husband eats everytime he comes in the house whether he is hungry or not, and always wants me to join him. I need to lose about 100 lbs. I have lost the same 40 lbs. several times. this is my last ditch effort. He is a workaholic and does not like to see a person walking or doing exercises with a DVD. I should be out in the pasture with a spade chopping weeds! or cleaning the chicken coop.

I am looking forward to being apart of this group. Never posted stuff like this before either. Have a warm weekend out there, I don't think spring will ever get to Nebraska.

ffl-fat farm lady
Do your best and God will take care of the rest!

jules

Post by jules » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:45 am

haha that is definitely a farmer mentality. No exercise. Traditional farming was excellent exercise. Changed a lot during my grandparent's lifetimes -- in Nebraska no less. :) (I grew up in Lincoln but spent many a weekend on the farm. Which my parents now own.)

Chopping weeds is excellent exercise. I cut down countless muskthistle over the years. ;) As was walking soybean fields to chop weeds, or moving pipe irrigation when we still had it.

jules

Jamiebf

Welcome

Post by Jamiebf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:44 pm

He there fatfarmlady, but not forever. I am on day 12 and have the same 20 books you probably have. This plan works!! I have never been on a plan that makes you free of food obsessing. Remember take it day to day and get rid of the scales. It doesn't matter how long it takes what really matters is you will no longer beat yourself up over food. Judge your succuss by the number of days you have great habits.

Good luck!!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 pm

I hear you FFL. We have horses, and I always think that shoveling stalls would be great exercise...but that doesn't mean I want to do it! Let your farmer hubby know that whether he likes to see you exercising to a DVD or not, if that is what is appealing to you, that is what you will be doing! I'm sure you spend plenty of time doing farm stuff, too!

I have over 100 pounds to lose. Best of luck with changing your habits, and getting your dh to be supportive. I actually didn't tell most people that I was No S-ing, because I don't like all the input of people who know better. Luckily, my dh pretty much follows No S (except seconds) so he thought it was a great plan for me!

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:29 pm

don't you just absolutely LOVE people who think they know it all when it comes to YOUR weight?!? :shock: Have yet to figure them out but don't know that it is worth the effort.
I also don't think spring is ever going to get to South Dakota and it has to get to Nebraska first!
FFL...hang in there! We are all rooting for you. Have been where you are at....my first time in WW I lost 90 lbs. Looked good and felt good but didn't keep it off so kept trying all those other diets out there over the last 20 years (before WW I tried some cockamamy diets I must confess and of course, none of them worked) and then this past Thursday I picked up the WW copy at the checkout and read the article and went and bought the book and I am sooooooooo optimistic about this idea that I really feel positive for once! Did show the book to my daughter and she just looked at it and didn't comment....so know how you must feel when your hubby puts you down (have been there previously with my hubby of soon to be 46 years) and the sad part is....my daughter inherited the "fat" part of me!!!! She also has been on more diets and diet aids than I can count. Maybe this time if she sees this working for me she will try it too.
I also do the dvd tapes for exercise and the walking. Hey, at my time of life I don't plan on doing the gym scene! You are talking to a gramma here and she ain't gonna do what she don't want to do! :lol: All kidding aside, you do the exercising that you want to do...you know what is best for you, he doesn't. I just sincerely wish you the best with this plan and that you will stay with us.
hugs, Rheba....the happy quilter

fatfarmlady

thanks everyone!

Post by fatfarmlady » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:51 pm

I am trying to get used to posting. i wrote one and it got lost somewhere while i was previewing it :) i need practice. I am surprised to get one answer, let alone 4! I am doing the same, i am not telling anyone that I am NoSing except a couple people. My only child, (my daughter) would only say "what another one?", so that's that. It will be not be too bad at my job as nobody brings snacks or sweets as we are so busy feeding food to 425 school kids that we don't have time to eat!

I was reading to my granddaughter about Big and Little, she pointed to my tummy and said "nana --BIG!!" That did it for me. I am hoping for a one pound a week weight loss. My great-nephew is a chiropractor and wants me to spend over $500 a month in supplements since he did all kinds of allergy tests on me and told me I was full of parasites and other such critters, but made no attempt to get me supplements to get rid of that problem. just wants me to do his bloodtype, alkaline, low glycemic, gluten free, sugar free diet. How do you do all that at once? :?

enough, thanks again. I put in over 30 hrs. last summer chopping thistle and almost overheated once. my water was in the truck on the opposite end where i was "thistling". :)
Do your best and God will take care of the rest!

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:41 pm

I know what you mean about the remarks people make...and your dear granddaughter was just being so innocent with her remark but that still doesn't take away the pain. My mother "offered" to pay for my ww enrollment the year that I joined as my birthday present. Talk about being upset! I got so upset and so mad that I joined and didn't tell her about it for several weeks and lost the weight just to show her that I could. So of course it didn't stay off for long! But I still remember the shame and embarrassment I felt. So you just hang in there and we will all work through this together. This time I hope to convince myself that I am accountable to no one other than myself and that I am truly doing this for ME and nobody else. Oh and then there are the ones who will say to you "don't you think you have lost enough?" My mom even did THAT to me. Some people you just can't please no matter what you do which is why I am saying that this time it is for me! Stick to you guns, please!!!
Rheba