That good feeling.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Lilly

That good feeling.

Post by Lilly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Countless times I have picked up a weight loss magazine, book, cookbook, article, ww, etc., etc., etc. And man o man did it feel good. That is until somewhere in realityville the nausea set in. Do you know what I mean? When I went from really jazzed to nauseous. Just knowing in my being that this was not going to work. Or as "they" tried to tell me, it worked. I didn't.
I watched some episodes on the tlc of I can make you thin. Man o man this was the plan for me. Unfortunately I got so bogged down with having to count my mastications and tapping my pressure points and checking in with my tummy hourly to see if I was hungry, that I went from jazzed to nauseous. And when he told me to think of a favorite food covered in hair off a barber's floor and some other equally disgusting thing, well yuk. The point was to make me stop craving that food. Well I stopped craving wanting to live :lol:
I read Reinhard's no s diet and managed to finish the book sans nausea.
This alone was good news for me.
What made me think of this is that my focus has begun to be on my goals as I "S" along. Eating only 3 times a day sure takes the focus off of food. Now the 3 meals food thinking is a pleasure. My only goal right now is to eat 3 meals a day M-S and on s days to add dessert. I will eat whatever I want daily so I won't be tempted to deprivation binge on s days. I also will not be snacking as that is exactly where my madness started. I won't need to take seconds as I will make sure firsts contents gets the job done. I know I have to eat protein to make it from meal to meal so that is a no brainer. I also picked up a couple of meals from The Ice Box a freshly prepared food chain. I bought a tilapia meal and a fancy chicken thing and a stuffed pork chop. Most of the single serve meals are enough for 2 of my 3 meals. So my immediate goals are to do the above. Once I have become totally comfortable with my first goal, I will select another and just keep moving in the right direction.

Melsie52

Post by Melsie52 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Lilly,

I am with you all the way. I have also lived in your shoes and know how it feels. This is my first day and I feel great about this. I love good food and healthy food to boot. Now it is not the only thing in my life it is a celebration and a natural way to live. I with you girl all the way!

Melanie in Colorado
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:05 am

lilly, I also watched the I can make you thin on tlc and was at first fascinated by it. but what you said about the mastication and the spot tapping and the imagining yucky things on food to make you not want them really does make one wonder about his technique. :? I don't think I would be able to do that for long. But as you said....with No S ing all you do is eat your three meals a day on one single plate. Voile, as the French would say, the problem is solved, big time! :) I find, like you, that as long as I have adequate protein with each meal I am fine until just about time for the next meal. Will wonders never cease? :lol: Have completed 3 days and feeling fine. Have also taken a walk today...first time in a long time...but then living in SD one does have to wait until winter decides to go away and this year winter has decided to stay way too long!!!! But I am hoping for nice weather this week so I can continue to better myself in the physical exercise portion of what I need to do to make myself healthier....to say nothing of happier!

Rheba

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 am

I watched the tv show "I can make you thin" the basic philosophy boiled down to eat when you are hungry stop when you are full. If this worked, I wouldn't be fat. Many people do not have the innate ability to be moderate.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 am

Rheba,
I just remembered what it was that you were supposed to think of putting on a food you were craving. In addition to hair off the barber's floor he said cover the craved food with the contents of a SPITTOON :shock:
Then he said if you get nauseated, stop thinking of it. IF :?: :?: :?:
Then after you did the visual of the spittoon/hair and your craving was gone, you were free to eat the offending food because you no longer craved it. Gross. More diet head chatter.
I had a boyfriend who had a spittoon joke. I t was really funny but it made you sick to your stomach to hear it too. Now years later, I am supposed to think about eating it. Nooooooooooooooooooo..

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:33 am

What I remember about the one or two shows of his that I watched was this gal at work talking on the telephone with her thumb and middle finger pinched tightly together and she was supposed to be working? Of course you can't eat when you have two fingers pinched together! :roll: Nor can you get any work done! And can't you just imagine sitting in a cafe doing the pulse tapping? People would be paying more attention to you than if you were eating a big old hamburger with all the trimmings! How much simpler and easy is it just to do the one plate and you are done scene! And how much more liberating it is for us and guilt lessening. I know I have cluttered my brain with so many different "must do's" from God knows how many diet plans that it is so refreshing to say to myself.......One plate with good food on it and that is all! Last night we had soup for supper and I have to admit to being afraid I would be starving by bedtime........I did take Reinhold's advice and have a slice of bread with mine plus we did have a small dish of homemade strawberry ice cream....but before this plan I would have had at least 2 bowls of soup plus something before bed. I was NOT hungry!!!! Went to bed and slept so well. I am learning to drink my tea black.....was using (gasp) Splenda until I read his book.............NO MORE! Back to the natural basic smart eating we did "way back when"!
Sounds like your spittoon joke was REALLY bad!!! But it helped you see the ludicracy of his idea and that is what counts!
Rheba

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:53 am

milczar wrote:Many people do not have the innate ability to be moderate.
I know a lot of people who agree with that. But we've also lost the social controls that say that gluttony is a bad thing. If being a glutton is considered socially unacceptable, then even if you don't have the innate abilty to be moderate, the criticism and shame that come from gluttony keep your habits moderate. If moderation is the norm, it's easier to be moderate even if that isn't your natural instinct.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."