I am brand spanking new!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Melsie52

I am brand spanking new!

Post by Melsie52 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:07 pm

:D Hello all,

I just finished the book this very minute. It was the last one on the shelf at Barnes and Noble. I came across it by pure accident. Exetremely enlightening! I have already started today and feel liberated. I just finish loosing 32 lbs. on Medifast which certainly is not real life. I have 27 lbs to go. I started WW and cannot do this again and again. It drove me batty. I need real life.

Tonight I am actually, finally cooking a real dinner. I am making chicken breasts parmagina, salad and whole wheat pasta. This will fit on one plate and satisfaction all night for me. I am so glad I found this all by accident. I also exercised 6 minutes on the elliptical and 2 mile walk with a Leslie Sansone tape. I feel a green light day :wink:

Melanie in Colorado
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 am

Congrats to you, Melsie52! I do the Sansone tapes too when I am properly motivated...which unfortunately hasn't been too often lately. Did walk outside today so that felt good!
I too am a ww drop out....did it too many times and couldn't stand even thinking about doing it again so was elated to find out about the No S plan. Have been doing it for 3 days now and can honestly say I have not been hungry...except just before meal time. All I can say is WOW :D
Hang in there and keep up the good work!

Rheba

Jamiebf

Welcome Mel

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:09 am

Welcome Mel. I too did medifast 3years ago. Add that to all the other crazy diets in my life. I lost weight and gained it back in less than a year. I just tossed the rest of the old food away last month. I will start day 15 tomorrow and I have never felt better. No more food obsessing. I have 30 pounds to loose and I don't care how long it takes me as long as I do not obsess about food anylonger.

Enjoy nosing!!
Jamie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:24 am

I don't care how long it takes me as long as I do not obsess about food anylonger.
Jamie,

me too!
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:14 pm

me three!!!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Welcome, Melsie52!

It's great that you've caught yourself and switched to something moderate before you came crashing down again. Too many people only "get moderation" when they've hit rock bottom. I think if you can get over the initial hump of habit building, and be patient as far as results are concerned, you'll be very happy and successful with No-s.

And I'm thrilled that people are actually randomly finding the book in stores -- whenever I look it seems so small and inconspicuous that I can't imagine anyone ever noticing it.

Reinhard

Nichole

Re: I am brand spanking new!

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Melsie52 wrote::D Hello all,
Tonight I am actually, finally cooking a real dinner. I am making chicken breasts parmagina, salad and whole wheat pasta. This will fit on one plate and satisfaction all night for me.
Sounds great! Can I come over? I am also enjoying real dinners without guilt now and also switched back to Campbell's Soups that are NORMAL... no "low sodium" or "low fat" grossness anymore. And I've lost two pounds that have not moved before! You'll love this "diet".
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:01 pm

It is a pretty small book! I'd seen the book a few days before I bought it, and when I went to purchase, it was stuck between two bigger books and I thought it was gone. I should go look to see if they've replaced it!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:21 pm

But don't they always say that good things come in small packages??? I think this is the best thing to happen since "sliced bread" as they used to say!

Melsie52

Thank You

Post by Melsie52 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Thank you all for the welcome. I just wish I new about this when I was a teen back in the 60's. I was on total starvation only to gain loose and regain again. Now I am cooking real food, placing it beautifully on one plate. Today is my S day. My husband and I consider this our weekend, because it is his days off in a row. Since what I did before I know my full zone and feel good to finally know that. It's a beautiful day for sure.

I let Barnes and Noble know they need to restack the diet shelf with this precious book. To me it is golden and I am so glad I got the last one to boot!!!

A many healthy long life to all,
Melanie in Colorado :wink:

Started No S on 4/11/08

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:49 pm

Welcome Melanie! Congrats on losing that weight too! I don't even feel that I am on a diet! Almost feels like cheating! :D

A little off topic here but I have to ask -----

I was thinking of trying the Leslie Sansone walking tapes. Are they tapes or DVD's? And, how do you all like them?

Jazzys Mom

Melsie52

Jazzy

Post by Melsie52 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

I have been doing Leslie Sansone's DVD's for years and just got a new one. It's particulary great if you are just starting out with her exercise of Walk Away The Pounds. I use them when the days are cold, snowy or rainy. Like she says there is never an excuse for not walking. I love walking outside better, but there are days you just don't feel like letting the world see you if you didn't bursh your teeth that day.

You get a good sweat going. Start with the one mile and work your way up to the 5 mile. She has many variations to this stile on DVD's also.

Melanie in Colorado :wink:

Started No S on 4/11/08

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Thanks! They sound just like what I need. Think I'll order them

Jazzys Mom