Barbecues

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Melsie52

Barbecues

Post by Melsie52 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:43 am

Hi,

Yesterday was my first day and it was very successful and coming from a liquid diet this is the totally right way to live life.

This is my question: When I barbecue chicken I would like to eat the skin especially the wings. I would put this on my plate with veges and maybe a potato is that OK?

What about going to a barbecue place for a dinner with barbecue sauce, still on one plate?

Thanks for your answers,
Melanie in Colorado :)
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

jules

Post by jules » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 am

If it fits on one plate, and it's a meal (not a snack), then it's ok -- at least in terms of No-S.

The only reason I could think of it NOT being ok is if you had some medical condition, like overly high cholesterol or something, and you were restricted from eating it by a registered dietician. But you would know if that were the case, and since you're asking us, I bet it's not . :)

I know it suddenly became wrong to eat the skin from chicken a while back but it really seems to be the excess that is the problem. Exessive water consumption can kill you.... and No-S is all about moderating excess.

jules

apple

Re: Barbecues

Post by apple » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:05 am

Melsie52 wrote:This is my question: When I barbecue chicken I would like to eat the skin especially the wings. I would put this on my plate with veges and maybe a potato is that OK?
Sounds like a good meal to me.