21 days!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

annafarmer

21 days!

Post by annafarmer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Today is my 21st day of NoS compliance! 32 days since I first started. I've lost 2-3 lbs, but I wanted to share with you what I've gained...

1)I have so much more time and energy to do things around the house because I'm not wasting it all counting calories and worrying about what to eat next.

2)I've saved $37.00 towards a fun treat for myself by not buying snack foods.

3)My whole family is eating better because I actually have the desire to cook a "real meal" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My oldest daughter (6 years old) actually thanked me last night for our "new way of eating", and I never even told her (or anyone in the family) that I was NoSing, so she figured it out all on her own!

4)In the last week I've found myself going out for walks with my kids, just because! Suddenly getting out and doing stuff is fun, because I don't feel yucky and lethargic! My 22 month old son wants to be around me now because I play chase and tag and ball, and he doesn't have to get one of the other kids or his dad to do it!

I can't tell you all what a miracle NoS has been for me. I'm sorry this post is so long, but I wanted to share what a blessing this has been for me and encourage any who have just started to stick with it, the first 2 weeks were incredibly hard, but now it's habit and it's easy as can be!

Anna

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:59 pm

That's absolutely wonderful to hear Anna. :) I like that you are focused on having fun and eating healthy with your family. The weight will take care of itself.

I'm only on day 4 of No S-ing, but I must say it's wonderful and liberating so far. Already I've relaxed because I don't have to worry or think about food again until lunch time. And then it is only a matter of deciding what do I want to eat. Of course it will be a one level, one plate dining experience. There is no other way. :)

Continue on your fun road to a healthy life.

Have a great day!
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Anna,

No apologies needed; it's a great post. Your kids have a great role model to teach them how to live healthy lives!

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 pm

What a heart-warming post!

I do think we gain more than we lose on No-S... "gain" in terms of peace of mind and health, etc.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:01 am

annafarmer,

congratulations! on 21 days...

ME TOO! I started march 24 and it has gone by so fast. I have been blogging about the wonder and beauty of it all at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:01 pm

ME TOO! I started March 22.