Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet

Post by wosnes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm not suggesting anyone follow this "diet" in addition to or instead of No-S. But I just saw these gals on The Today Show and I'm sure people, primarily women, are going to be checking it out.

It would be great if No-S got even more publicity or if Reinhard got on one of the morning news shows.

http://www.amazon.com/Neris-Indias-Idio ... 662&sr=8-1
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:20 pm

According to the publisher's blurb: "modified low carb, high protein" Hmmm...

It's a nice bit of marketing, I'll grant you that. The "chick lit" cachet, the girly font and the searingly honest sideview pictures on the cover (notice that it's only the before pictures that are side) will be very appealing to a female audience. I can see a distribution deal with Curves being struck.

Reinhard, have you sent out a press release about NoS to your local media yet?

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi Wosnes,
I won't be checking it out. As part of my "dieting reab" I have chosen to stay focused on following No S. Checking out other dieting books, magazines, etc., has cost me a $$$ over the last several decades and MANY pounds :oops: I need to stay focused. I get NO S. No need to look elsewhere.
I am so glad you brought this topic up. Half my problem has been jumping from one diet plan to the next. A few of the books I donated to the library never had their spine cracked by me.
For me, looking behind door #2 will be my downfall with No S. I know this. I am easily segued. Thank you for bringing this topic up.

droth

low carb, high protein not for me

Post by droth » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm

I am a diabetic and have been told by my doc and nutritionist that I need my allotted carbs per day to keep my number in check...if I overdo or drop by I suffer when I read my sugars. Also diabetics have to watch their kidney function and too much protein is not good for your kidneys. I'm sticking to NoS!
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm not at all interested in their diet, what I'm saying is that they got a big shot of publicity and folks are going to check it out. If Reinhard could give the complete 13-word diet plan on one of the morning shows....

I'm convinced that if we all followed these simple habits, weight (and probably poor health) wouldn't be an issue.

Recently I bought another diet book, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight & Eating Great by Pam Anderson (same one whose cookbook I mentioned in another post yesterday). I bought it primarily because she's one of my favorite cookbook authors and there are recipes. I'm not even interested in exactly how she lost her weight.

But she says that she had been at a family gathering where everyone was looking at all the old family pictures. As she was watching, she noticed something:
The pictures were vintage 1950s and '60s...Women smiled as they served up baked beans and corn on the cob from picnic tables. Couples posed in front of bulky, finned automobiles. Six women laughed as they drank coffee and gossiped around a kitchen table. The shots were grainy, the fashion and hairstyles wonderfully dated, but what struck me was how slim these average, hardworking Midwesterners were. I was sure they must have lived average lives out there on the prairie, but as the images kept pulsing on the monitor, my only thought was "These people looked good!"

I returned to the table and immediately recognized the next generation of family pictures in the making. The Andersons -- along with inlaws and adult grandchildren -- were drinking coffee and chatting about upcoming weddings, the merits of the next set of presidential candidates, and the latest ADD meds. My God, I thought, what a contrast. We may have become worldlier, but most of us around that table were at least 10 to 50 pounds heavier than those South Dakotans. We were Exhibit A for the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) report declaring two-thirds of Americans overweight or obese.

What's happened to us in my short lifetime? I was one of those two-thirds -- overweight, teetering on the brink of obesity. Not only do I know what happened, I know what we need to do about it.
What happened is that our eating habits changed, not to mention the food we ate. The funny thing is that once the habits change for the better, the food tends to change for the better, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:54 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again. Reinhard has conquered the print media and the internet, it's time for television.

But he'll have to show a before and during picture to seal the deal. After seeing his abs who WOULDN'T want to know more about No S?
Heather

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Hey! Reinhard just needs to get Oprah interested in his plan! If he'd appear on her show it would be the best sort of publicity. There's got to be a way to garner her interest. She just did a show on the evils of puppy mills that I saw last week, and those people took out a billboard outside her office to get her attention. BYW, those puppy mill people are the worst. Our Golden Retriever was rescused from one of those situations here in Northern CA. She lived the first 6 years of her life in a crate. Poor thing didn't even know what a "toy" was. Suffice it to say she's spoiled rotten now.

Now there's got to be a way to get Reinhard on Oprah....

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 pm

droth -- I use nutrihand.com's free service to track the foods that I am eating. I know that it sounds obsessive, but it is easy to use and extremely informative. There are many other websites that you can use as well. Now that I am No S-ing, I may not use it during the week, but it was useful on the two S days . . .

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 pm

last Friday when I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought my No S book, I saw the book these two gals have out. Of course I had to look at it...this was before I found the No S book....and I couldn't believe what I was reading...more of the same old same old. Clean out your cupboards and eat only what we tell you to eat!!! You better believe I put that book down in a big hurry. :) Then I went on to the diet book section and was looking for my book and one of the workers was there and pulled it out...I think I got the last copy!!! No way will I ever do the diet these two ladies are touting!!!
Rheba

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:20 am

The best advertising is word of mouth. Keep talking, people.

lola628

Brit version of Atkins (aka: Fatkins)

Post by lola628 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:30 am

I picked up their book when I was in London over Christmas. It's the British version of Atkins. There was also a line in there about why Americans are so BLOODY FAT -- I'm sure that sentence was cut for the US publications.....