what about craisins?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

marcus23

what about craisins?

Post by marcus23 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:09 pm

I enjoy having craisins in my cereal - but just noticed how much sugar is in them. Should I avoid them?

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm

The idea of No S-ing is no SWEETS, not no sugar. If you are eating these with your cereal, I would continue to do so, if you want to cut down the amount you eat with your cereal that's up to you.

Now if you were eating cupcakes with your cereal, not only would that be NOT following the No S plan, but it would be down right weird! ;)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 pm

If you have to ask, they are a borderline food. The test for borderline foods is: Is it sweet enough to be considered dessert? If the answer is yes, have them on S days. If the answer is no, have them any day with your meals.
Heather

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 am

You can use dried fruit in your meals/cereal.
I eat yogurt, dried fruit, jam, peanut butter, granola...borderline foods but at meal times.
For me, the obvious offenders are candy, dessert, cookies, pie, cupcakes, pudding, milk shakes, chocolate milk, soda, sweet tea, donuts, chocolate...stuff like that.
Hope that helps.