My first S weekend!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sandooch

My first S weekend!

Post by sandooch » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Well, I didn't do as well as I had planned. Saturday I did better than Sunday, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I know that this is a slow process and that I will overload on food on some of my S days at the beginning. It feels good to forgive yourself of this and move on.

I actully looked forward to getting back on my N days this morning. But let me tell you, yesterday's S day really knocked me out in the afternoon. All that sugar made me feel so weak and tired. I hate that feeling and have to remember it for my next S day weekend so that I will have better self-control.

How did all you other newbies do?

Sandy

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm

I did OK, nothing that I could call a binge. On Saturday I had a small slice of birthday cake, some ice cream, one cookie, and two Hershey's miniatures. On Sunday, I had the Dairy Queen thing I had been looking forward to. It wasn't as good as I remembered it and it gave me a stomach ache, at least I think it's what gave me the stomach ache. I didn't have any snacks and allowed myself a small second of my mom-in-law-to-be's delicious shrimp scampi. Overall, I think it went pretty well. I exercised hard both days, so I don't feel too bad.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

6lhaas

I did OK too

Post by 6lhaas » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 pm

This was my first S-weekend too. I made Oatmeal cookies and did have some of the dough, but not half the batch like I usually do. I didn't over do on 2nds either so I think it went pretty well.
Lisa
Wife of 18yrs & counting
Mom of 4 girls
Started No S diet 04/08/08

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:23 pm

I did OK this weekend with the S days. Had a handful of mint Girl Scout cookies, a hot dog and yesterday a less than Philly Philly cheese steak (they just don't know how to make them out here in Shake & Bake land, unless of course I come across a transplanted Philidelphian).

Had some wine as per usual, but it was unoaked chardonnay.

The only thing that I had a challenge with was breakfast of all things! I didn't get up early enough to make some before an 8 AM committment...so I had "brunch".

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 pm

You all sound like you did better than me. Way to go!!!

Sandy

Nossuzy

Post by Nossuzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:08 pm

I think I overdid it a little because I felt sick by the time I went to bed both Saturday and Sunday and I just don't like that feeling anymore.

So I feel kind of bad today even though I know that's what S days are for. I am feeling the guilt a little.

My goal next weekend is to do the 3 meals and then do snack/treat for movie night saturday and then maybe a "treat" on sunday after dinner or for breakfast (sweet rolls, etc.)

Need to find my happy place :)
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."

DianeA2Z

Re: My first S weekend!

Post by DianeA2Z » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 pm

sandooch wrote:
How did all you other newbies do?
Ooooo, confession time, eh? Well, even though I had only one N day prior to my first S days, I was totally amazed that I was more mindful of how and what I ate. Oh, don't worry, I bought enough baked treats for 2 days of desserts and I enjoyed every last one of them. Saturday we had breakfast out (I brought 1/2 home and had it for breakfast on Sunday). Since breakfast was late I had the baked goodies for lunch on Saturday and then we had a chili cookoff at dinner. Had one or two treats at night and except for the remaining couple of treats on Sunday I actually ate normally and didn't even snack. I don't snack often, but when I do I totally go 'round the bend. I'm havin' a good day today so far! The more of Reinhard's book I read, the happier I am to have come to the decision to follow the plan!

OK, now let's see how long I hold on to this great decision. I'm not known for "diet" longevity.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

irish

1st s weekend

Post by irish » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:54 pm

I didn't do too badly on Sat., but Sun. was disastrous - one big snack day. Now I'm looking forward to next weekend to try again. Weekends are always hard for me.

gracie

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:12 pm

This was my first S weekend too. I did ok. ON Saturday, I ate a small ice cream sandwich. Then Saturday afternoon I had a handful (about 6 or7) chips.
Sunday I was very active, cleaning house, then working in the yard. I stuck to my 3 meals, although I did allow myself a second roll at lunch.
Sunday dinner was very small as I wore myself out working in the yard and was too tired to do much of anything. So I ate a some leftovers from lunch; a small protion of chicken and dressing.
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 am

I am not a newbie, but I am new to following No S without my own tweaks!

This weekend was good (I don't restrict my S days, but I do try to think about what I am doing which seems to help along with the already ingrained N day habits)

Saturday - a handful of smarties (similar to M&M's) mid morning, a couple of biscuits mid afternoon, planed 1/2 packet of Liquorice Allsorts after dinner.

Sunday - 2 chocolate chip cookies mid morning, 2 easter eggs (we restrict the kids eating chocolate, so we still have loads of these) mid afternoon, balance of planned packet of Liquorice Allsorts.

Apart from the Liquorice Allsorts the rest of the snacks were just because I fancied them.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Nicola

Post by Nicola » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 pm

My first S weekend too!

Saturday I had a dounut with lunch and a piece of fresh out of the oven bread with butter in the middle of the afternoon. (worked out good because we ended up having dinner a few hours later than usual)

Sunday: Fresh baked chocolate chip cookie after both lunch and dinner- no snacks.

The rest of the cookies are in individual baggies in the freezer for lunch box packing (so I don't have to look at them every day. lol)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Well, I didn't do as well as I had planned.
The goal on S-days is to ENJOY yourself. Focus on that and I think you'll wind up eating much less excessively (and much more pleasurably).

Don't despair if you find it hard to do this at first -- it's a huge shift of mindset and can take a while to get down. But it will happen if you stick with the basic no-s structure and proactively look out for ways to treat yourself on S-days.

Reinhard

droth

half good....lol

Post by droth » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:23 pm

I did great on Saturday and even worked out in the pool for 80 minutes, had only 1 treat/snack at bedtime. Sunday was not so good...I at a late breakfast to begin with, and I wasn't hungry at lunch so skipped that. Ate treat/snack early everning and then very little dinner. A few hours after dinner I was too hungry and ate whatever I could get my hands on and whatever my DH was eating.....I was soo disgusted with myself. I learned that I'm doing to have to be more consistent with meals on the weekends, just as if I were at work on N days. Plan for a better weekend next time. :(
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:59 pm

My first weekend went fairly well I think!

Sat. breakfast out - eggs, 1 1/2 susage links and a spoonful of delicious fried pot. i piece of toast. Late lunch --- dinner at an anniversary party where I had small scoop of ice cream and sliver of cake.

Sun - late breakfast out after church - french toast. Piece of bread with peanut butter for late lunch and my granddaughter's birthday dinner of sliced baked ham ... 2 slices, candied sweet potatoes (LG spoonful) and green peas. I made a vanilla cake with raspberry sauce and had one small piece before bed.

Jazzys Mom

Jesseco

nfalcone

Post by Jesseco » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:48 pm

I love a Dairy Queen thing too--the brownie sundae. I had one on Sun. and the brownie was stale. That also happened the last time I had one!

I made my own concoction of one on Sat. I think that's probably too much for one weekend, though, and I want to limit treats with THAT much fat/calories/sugar.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:55 pm

I am learning on this too to get a new mindset.

Sandooch - weren't you on the Lowcarbfriends?? I was on there too and you were such an inspiration to all.

I am just now starting this program faithfully.. it seems so much for family friendly. I am excited to try some new recipes that before that wouldn't fit into a "plan" but everything fits into this plan.

I find that having to put on a a green or the dreaded red mark on the habitcal is very beneficial for me.

I have gained about 20 back from my low carb days (been off low carb now for over a year it might almost be two) want that off and more.

Here's to NO S ... WOOHOO

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:07 pm

carla70 wrote: Sandooch - weren't you on the Lowcarbfriends?? I was on there too and you were such an inspiration to all.
Hi Carla. Yes, I was on LCF for a few years. Thank you so much for the compliment.

I haven't been on there for over 2 years now. Too much snarkiness and drama. :lol: I also had an undiagnosed injury happen to me that I partially blame on taking low carb too far (not trying to bash low carb).

After so many years of on and off low carb diets, I finally got to the point where I missed having carbs in my life and was looking for a way to be able to eat them in moderation, lose/maintain weight, and actually enjoy life in the process. Reading about No S in Woman's World was a light-bulb moment for me. This is just what I needed.

Glad to see you here!

Sandy

carla70

Post by carla70 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:33 pm

I haven't seen it in Womans World but came across it months back on the web and am just now giving it a go. My bulb must of been burned out at the time.

I love it so far.. no counting or feeling guilty..what better could there be!

Good Luck to you

p.s. agree with the comment on LCF

maria51va

Hey, Sandooch!

Post by maria51va » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 am

I remember you from way back in the the T-Tapp threads! Did you know there is now a 4 page thread on No-S diet on those forums???
Thought you might enjoy sharing your thoughts there-so many tappers are saying how nicely No-S matches with T-Tapp!!
Maria

sandooch

Re: Hey, Sandooch!

Post by sandooch » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:49 pm

maria51va wrote:I remember you from way back in the the T-Tapp threads! Did you know there is now a 4 page thread on No-S diet on those forums???
Thought you might enjoy sharing your thoughts there-so many tappers are saying how nicely No-S matches with T-Tapp!!
Maria
Hi Maria,

Yes, I heard about the thread over there. I'll be honest with you...I haven't been to the T-Tapp.com in a quite a while because I had become addicted to that site to the point that I wasn't getting anything done around the house. :lol: I also was getting mean emails from one of the posters becsause she didn't approve of the way I was dieting. :roll: I didn't need the drama (same reason I left Low Carb Friends). So far, this site is drama-free, and that's the way I like it.

I still T-Tapp, though; although, not as much/frequesntly as I used to. I mainly do BWO+ 5 days a week along with intervals on my treadmill.

Sandy

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:10 am

I know just what you mean about some sites having drama! I am on several Golden retriever sites and one is NOTHING but drama! Some of the posters there will cut you to pieces if they don't approve of your dogs food or training method. Have even gone as far as to say you shouldn't even OWN a dog and call people nasty names. I have never understood why people have to be like that! This is such a refreshing site I have found myself coming here more and more and les on my dog sites

Jazzys Mom

maria51va

Post by maria51va » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:24 am

I always enjoyed your posts, esp at Low Carb - but I know what you mean about the drama! AND spending too much time on those boards-it's an active group!
Glad to have found you again over here!
Maria :)

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 am

jazzys mom wrote:I know just what you mean about some sites having drama! I am on several Golden retriever sites and one is NOTHING but drama! Some of the posters there will cut you to pieces if they don't approve of your dogs food or training method. Have even gone as far as to say you shouldn't even OWN a dog and call people nasty names. I have never understood why people have to be like that! This is such a refreshing site I have found myself coming here more and more and les on my dog sites

Jazzys Mom
Wow, that is something! I once got into a real doozy of a "fight" with someone on an exercise forum because she said some awful things about my youngest daughter. I swear, I saw red and couldn't calm down for hours. And for what? Someone I didn't know in cyberspace? It was really ridiculous when I think about it now.

I know there will always be disagreements on message boards because sometimes you can't tell the person's tone in a post. It's when the name calling and insults start that I have a hard time dealing with it. But I have learned from all the forums I've frequented in the past 10 years or so, once the drama starts up, I'm outta there. There is too much going on in real life to have to put up with that.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Sandy

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Oh, you are sooo right! I don't know what makes people feel that they "KNOW" you just because you are no the same forum as them. For instance, how could that woman in a rational state of mind say things about your daughter whom she had never met??? Just makes me see red!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:55 pm

You guys are reminding me of this real a-hole on YouTube called RetroAxis. You have to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdynbD7cNMo . He's right there on the first page. He's been doing this for MONTHS.

He just bullies and argues with LisaNova fans. He told me I must be retarded because I said a sentence in all caps and that I should kill myself. What if I were an impressionable teenager?? The internet is a mean place sometimes.

Anyway,
S-days coming up soon!....
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Do you guys remember the young teenage girl who was harrassed on the internet (I think MySpace) by another teen and HER MOTHER?? The girl hung herself in her closet!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:50 pm

So far, this site is drama-free, and that's the way I like it.
It's getting a little hard for me to monitor for drama since the woman's world article hit and posting volume started soaring here -- so if you do notice anything, please don't hesitate to email or private message me to draw my attention to it!

Reinhard

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 pm

reinhard wrote:
So far, this site is drama-free, and that's the way I like it.
It's getting a little hard for me to monitor for drama since the woman's world article hit and posting volume started soaring here -- so if you do notice anything, please don't hesitate to email or private message me to draw my attention to it!

Reinhard
Will do, Reinhard.

Nichole, that guy was awful. That is why I generally don't read what people post on youtube.com. It could be the cutest video, and some of those people will not only tear it apart but say awful things.

Sandy