Ok, now I KNOW I'm weird.....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

Ok, now I KNOW I'm weird.....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 pm

and I'm ok with that.... :lol: No really, is it just me or is it kind of enjoyable in a weird, freaky way...to actually feel hungry?

I'm hungry right now, but dinner isn't going to be on the table until about 6:30 or so...another 2 hours. And yet I'm enjoying the feeling. There is no panic...OMG I feel hunger I must eat something, anything right now! There is no feeling of iminent death, :lol: There is just peace knowing that this is a 'normal' feeling and I will have dinner when it's ready and I'm done work. *insert sigh of contentment here*

Maybe it's just me.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 pm

OrganicGal,
And isn't it wonderful looking forward to what you have chosen to eat for dinner. A win, win. Happy hunger and happy eating.

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 pm

Add me to the weird club then. I, too, love to feel that hungry feeling. Let's me know that I'm in control and not the food.

Sandy

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Its amazing isnt it?
I love it too.
And I love the freedom I have in planning my meals. I am enjoying cooking again.
Tonight I made homemade chicken alfredo served over whole wheat pasta with broccoli on the side. It was amazing to fill my plate and not fill guilty.
So count me in; another member of the weirdo club! lol :)
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:43 am

I like the hungry feeling because it assures me that I did not overeat at my least meal...

and of course, it makes the current one much tastier
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:16 pm

I sure don't like the hungry feeling just yet... haven't graduated to that yet since I've spent years never giving myself a chance to get hungry.

However, I DO get satisfaction of knowing when I'm starving (albeit RARELY)...I have the freedom to at least choose if I want to go ahead and have that next meal (not a snack mind you), but just go for the gusto and have the meal AND knowing I can have a larger than normal meal if necessary to hold me over, without beating myself up over it. That make sense? :?: You may not be confused but I am... :?

Either way, the peace I'm beginning to feel is amazing!
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

Terez

Post by Terez » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:10 pm

This morning (Sunday) I woke up without that "hungry" feeling and I was disappointed. There is nothing like having a good meal (especially a no-holds-barred "S" day meal!) when I've got a ravenous appetite.

On N-days what's hardest for me is "no seconds." Yet, when I give myself seconds on S-days, it backfires because I'm not as hungry as I'd like to be for the next meal.

It is fascinating to observe my patterns, and to notice my druthers. Now I'm thinking I'll do sweets, and maybe snacks -- but probably not continue to do seconds on my S-Days. Just because it's more satisfying to be hungry at the next meal. Who knew?? :lol:

This whole program is FREEDOM to me. I'm loving it.

Terez

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Organic Girl and everyone :)
It's actually quite normal to feel moderate hunger before eating.
What is *not* normal, is having food in our stomachs all day long.
Not weird!
LOL

Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm

I have not felt hunger pains in years! Never gave myself the chance to get hungery.

Now...I wait until my body lets me know it is time to eat. After two weeks it has amazingly adjusted to breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:54 pm

It makes you wonder how we could have been wired so incorrectly to believe that hunger was bad. I can't believe that I am enjoying my meals twice as much as I used to and I am eating half of what I used to eat!
Dawn

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:29 am

I can't believe that I am enjoying my meals twice as much as I used to and I am eating half of what I used to eat!
Dawn,

me too ... gradually as I nos my portions are getting smaller. I am amazed how much more I am gettting in touch with my hunger by eating three meals a day than I was when I was TRYING to register when I was hungry and full blah blah blah to know when to eat,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Interesting...I'll watch for it.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com