All the Millions

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

penelaine

All the Millions

Post by penelaine » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:23 am

There ton of people buying the book and visiting the website. If this amount of new people successfully lose weight with the No-s Plan word will get out and Reinhard will be a multi-millionare. My Barnes and Noble was sold out of the book so I a ordering from Amazon. I want to be a 75 pound testimonial. I wish him so much success with his plan. Its the most sane thing I have heard or tried ever in my life.
4/10/2008 Started NoS: 253 lbs

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 am

It is pretty weird to consider what effect this could have. If 5% of all dieters learn about No S, and 75% of them succeed at changing their eating and activity habits, and getting healthy....what effect would that have on the diet book industry? Will people stop buying Women's World magazine if they don't need a new diet every week? Will the sale of diet soda and sugar free/fat free cookies go down? Will the sale of crappy fast food take a nose dive?

The far reaching effects of a lot of people getting healthy, and changing bad habits is mind boggling!

And I wish only the best to Reinhard and his family. If he becomes a millionaire that would be grand!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:33 pm

The fact that we could teach others new habits and eliminate (at least most) of the need for other diet plans and programs is mind-boggling. Imagine if like our mothers or grandmothers and great-grandmothers (or fathers), we once again taught by example what and how to eat. Imagine if the knowledge and expertise came back to us.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm deeply touched by how enthusiastically the book has been received -- but don't worry, I'm a long, long way off from being a millionaire :-)

You get famous WAY before you get rich writing books (and I'm not quite sure I'd consider myself famous yet). :-)
Will people stop buying Women's World magazine if they don't need a new diet every week?
Shhhh! Or no magazine will ever do an article about No-s again!

Reinhard

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:28 pm

CrazyCatLady wrote: Will people stop buying Women's World magazine if they don't need a new diet every week?
Funny you brought up Women's World. The new diet they're hawking is whatever Carrie Underwood is doing. Ugh. I heard girls at work talking about it! Something about how she's always been a vegeterian, but now she's doing no/low carb and went from 140 to 115. Good for her, but ugh . . . good luck with that, Carrie!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Reinhard:

A statement and a question.

Statement: BOOK TOUR! BOOK TOUR!! BOOK TOUR!!! (actually that's more like a command, not a statement :lol: )

Question: When you do get rich, what will you do with your money? You've already helped a lot of the planet with this diet, but I'm curious.

Everyday Systems: the best psychological system since the Eightfold Path. :D

f

penelaine

Post by penelaine » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Reinhard: I know you think it is a long way off but I dont think so. There are so many people that are just starting and very enthusiastic. Once we succeed which I believe we will then word will spread. Maybe in a year or two, maybe less. What you need is Oprah...I know shes got her Guy but she should give your plan a whirl. She is always struggling.

cornelia

possibilities

Post by cornelia » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Reinhard: It's not the first book that makes you a millionaire. It's the books after that telling why you wrote the book and then the book explaining why you wrote the book about why you wrote the book. THEN...."just the right size" plates (this is a must)........t-shirts.....bumper stickers.....hats......the list is endless. And there is still Oprah. Not kidding about Oprah. She's tried eveything else, and this is just sane enough to be right up her alley.

penelaine

Post by penelaine » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:51 am

Cornelia...I was thinking exactly the same thing about plates. Those would really go over. Also magnets for the fridge to remind my fat butt not to snack.

Tulsa

Post by Tulsa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am

I've read over a few things on the web site and I just ordered the book from Amazon. So maybe not a millionaire yet, but you're another small step closer. The millionaire part will come when you start marketing your own line of pre-packaged food items: coming soon to a freezer near you-The No S TV dinner in 14 delicious flavors!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:04 am

reinhard wrote:I'm deeply touched by how enthusiastically the book has been received -- but don't worry, I'm a long, long way off from being a millionaire :-)

You get famous WAY before you get rich writing books (and I'm not quite sure I'd consider myself famous yet). :-)
Will people stop buying Women's World magazine if they don't need a new diet every week?
Shhhh! Or no magazine will ever do an article about No-s again!

Reinhard
Aw, don't worry, Reinhard! I actually buy WW occasionally (nice price, nice short articles, good overall magazine), and hadn't bought one in a while. All this talk about WW is giving me the itch to pick one up next week! LOL!

Whether you ever end up with millions, getting so well known for such a simple, sensible thing couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
:)