And so... my eyes glazed over...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

And so... my eyes glazed over...

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:30 am

I visited my father in law, who is here for the week in DC. He has an aide who assists him. We got aquainted as she admired my kids. And then DH offered me an orange (harmless, yes, but in the mid afternoon, it's still an S). I responded with it's and S, no thanks.

FIL's aide asked me what an S was so I explained the noS diet. She went off on some banter about a special diet where she eats 6 tiny little meals on a tea saucer (can't even remember the name of the diet, since there will be NO other diets for me but the noS way of life). My eyes glazed over. I nodded in fained interested.

I can't imagine planning out 6 meals and sticking them on TEA saucers! Really? Is it sane? Really? I could go on. But you all get my drift! LOL
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:37 am

Well gee, ya, that'll be easy to sustain/maintain/do for the rest of my life. My gosh I wish you gotten the name of it, I sooooooo want to try it.....lmao :lol:

That is insane, and not even worth thinking about trying. Some people :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:47 pm

A very thin, beautiful girl I work with is doing the South Beach Diet... I don't know, maybe she's heavier than she used to be, but I don't even think she needs to be dieting. I hate hearing people talk about diets that are impossible to stick to in the long run.
Last edited by Nichole on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:51 pm

The funny thing to me about these diets is that they propose these very strange and historically unprecedented ways of eating to achieve what was until very recently a very normal condition -- being thin. Why not simply revert to our formerly normal behaviors instead of doing something new and weird?

Reinhard

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Out of pure habit, I went straight to my WW magazine to see the new diet (I get to see the mags 2-3 weeks in advance) and looked at it, only to say "UGH, who'd want to do THAT" when at one time, I'd have considered it. Then thought "WAIT, I'm NoSing now, why am I even bothering to look anymore!!!" WOOHOO... what a great sense of freedom that gave me.
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Bumps...
Exactly.
If a person is STILL looking they are still shopping.

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:02 pm

AKA not sold.

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Well girlfriend, that's exactly what I thot too! I told my hubby from now on I'm looking at them for everything BUT the diet of the week story. I'm a happy camper now! Not to mention the fact that I felt like I was "cheating" by looking at another story...LOL Just an amazing sense of healthy well being, no more insanity, like I finally found my home... why bother with anything else. NOTHING is better than this.

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:27 pm

For the first time ever--I plan to pack up all my weight loss books & put them in storage. I may even give them to the library. ( A lot of $$$ there, ya know) I don't need them anymore. I have never been willing to do this even when I was starting a new plan I hoped would work. I always hung on to them--just in case... But now I know I have found the final plan. I won't be needing them anymore. Unfortunately, I have just recently subscribed to WW magazine for like 3 years. UGH :x Oh well, maybe I'll donate those to the library or my office's lobby as well.

:D :) :D IT FEELS GREAT TO BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:35 pm

tgp157 wrote:For the first time ever--I plan to pack up all my weight loss books & put them in storage. I may even give them to the library. ( A lot of $$$ there, ya know) I don't need them anymore. I have never been willing to do this even when I was starting a new plan I hoped would work. I always hung on to them--just in case... But now I know I have found the final plan. I won't be needing them anymore. Unfortunately, I have just recently subscribed to WW magazine for like 3 years. UGH :x Oh well, maybe I'll donate those to the library or my office's lobby as well.

:D :) :D IT FEELS GREAT TO BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sell them on EBay or Half.com . . . if you don't mind running to the post office.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:44 pm

nfalcone wrote:A very thin, beautiful girl I work with is doing the South Beach Diet... I don't know, maybe she's heavier than she used to be, but I don't even think she needs to be dieting. I hate hearing people talk about diets that are impossible to stick to in the long run.
I tried South Beach as well as Atkins. After about a week on both of these stupid diest I fell apart and binged on carbs - mainly sweets! Now what kind of diet is that??? You feel sooooooooo deprived of things that are just FOOD that you can't stick to them! Our ancestors didn't have a problem eating carbs, so why do we? We have a problem with them because we are eating EMPTY carbs ----- sugars, snacks, etc. On the No S Diet those are eliminated for the no S days and then on the S days we can have them so ---- guess what ------ NO DEPRIVATION!

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Sell them on EBay or Half.com . . . if you don't mind running to the post office.
Good idea Nicole--thanks.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 pm

This is the plan for me I don't even call it a diet This is my 4th week and I LOVE it WW worked but counting writing everything down it got old fast. With this plan I eat what I want during the week and have sweets on the weekend what could be better.I have went down one pants size :D :D :D :D :D
GOOD LUCK to everyone Just hang in there it does work.
P.S. Don't go by your scales.

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Wow! Congratulations! A whole pant size in a month! That's really good for a diet where you basically eat what you want! Can you list your typical breakfast, lunch and dinner for us newbies to this diet? Also, how do you handle sweets and snacks on the S days?

Thanks
Jazzys Mom

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Anything I want it can be eggs and bacon or oats cream of wheat, omelets
biscusts and gravy as I said anything,the same way with lunch and supper could be chicken pork chops,Veg. pototoes everything you like to eat The only thing I do differ is ONE plate and I don't have snacks ,sweets or seconds I can't say enough about this plan. On my S days I stiill eat 3 meals a day I don't snack between but I do have something sweet like cake, Ice cream or whatever I want and I try not to stuff myself. I hope this help if not let me know

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Thank you! Yes, it does help. I've really been eating the way I always have eaten, just cutting out the seconds, snacks and sweets. I have only been doing this since last Thursday and I really don't feel I am on a diet! Tonight I had a big plate of spaghetti and 1 1/2 pieces of cheese garlic bread. This No S Diet is the greatest! I don't want to weigh myself until at least a week has passed. I think this weekend we will have to go somewhere that has a delicious dessert - like Applebee's Molten chocolate cake!

Jazzys Mom

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:33 am

tgp.... if you have a scale and a printer, you can print shipping labels when you sell on ebay which helps in two ways...

1. If you still want to go to the PO, you can just drop them off without having to have them weighed, then pay for shipping. You'll have already done that thru the label process with paypal OR the USPS.

2. You can request that your carrier pick them up and you won't have to do ANY of it.. just weigh, print label, slap it on and VOILA!
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!