New lease on life !

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

foxylady

New lease on life !

Post by foxylady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Good Morning All ,

I,m new hear and only getting started ..... but WOW, I feel as if I,ve got a new lease on life ! When I awoke this morning it felt as if a load of heavy bricks had fallen from off my shoulders. Today is day two of staying "on habit" eating wonderful healthy food.... asking myself "what do I really want for breakfast , etc." This is so much of an improvement I can hardly believe it. I AM IN CHARGE NOW .... not some diet with measuring cups, tablespoons, or forbidden foods. I know this will not always be easy...but it will always be worth it !

Forylady

:D
Within your weakness, there lies your strength...... sleeping. ( Sylvia Brown's grandmother )

scyence

Post by scyence » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:06 pm

I can relate to the way you feel. I have to say, one about the 3 night of being on the diet, I got a great night's sleep. Better than i've had as of recent.

Yeah, the feeling of empowerment over your health is just too awesome! I'm still on the journey to better health as well, so we're all in this together.

Keep at it!
Everyone, we can do this!
Start Weight: 240 lbs
Current Weight as of 4/16/08: 228 lbs
Goal: 180 lbs

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks Scyence for your support. AND CONGRATS on those lost pounds ! I know how great that feels. About 25 years ago I lost 90 pounds. Did it by eating a well balanced diet .... but that required keeping track of serving sizes and the type of foods eaten. It was a good diet, but did not instill a sense of self trust. So to make a long story short .... I have kept the majority of that weight off ! It hasn,t been easy because my approach to maintaining my loss has been the same as the original diet.... but cheating around the edges.

NOW I need to lose 30 pounds to get back to my ideal weight. I am older and wiser I hope .... realizing that this is A MUCH BETTER WAY to achieve my goals !

Thanks again for your interest and support.
Foxylady
Within your weakness, there lies your strength...... sleeping. ( Sylvia Brown's grandmother )

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:54 pm

That is exactly the way I feel too, my brick of burdon and guilt has been lifted. It is what we want to eat, not what we "can" eat. I don't have a problem with staying away from the sweets, its the snacking that is more a challenge for me. But it is so nice not having to count calories or points or carbs or saying you can't eat what is cooked or served. Just one plate.

NO S ROCKS !!!!!!!

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:00 pm

It is amazing to me how we all feel the same way. Like a HUGE burden has been lifted and feeling in control again.

If Reinard (is that how you spell it?) ever has a NOSer reunion, women all over the country will be worshiping at his feet. LOL
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks Carla and LauraAnn. DITTO'S too. We are climbing off that merry-go-round !

Foxylady

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:57 pm

I was just remembering when I did low carb how I would have nightmares that I ate a piece of bread or something with too many carbs.

This plan is so much more life long and family/life friendly.

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Isn't it great that we can feel so much lighter without losing a single pound? Amazing how heavy burden can feel. :wink:

Sandy

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Sandy,

Yes it is amazing that struggling with food decisions can feel like such a burden, and yet I think we can become so trapped in the cycle, that we can,t lay it aside. Maybe it is a trust thing. We forget that we can trust ourselves as well as our bodies to do the healthy, best thing where food is concerned. In my case, perhaps I never really believed that ! But I'm about to prove that to myself following the No S Diet. HOORAY !!

Carla .... I can relate to nightmares concerning food. I have had my share. Not a pleasant experience. But here's to no more of them .... there really is a LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL !

Having a great second day,
Kathleen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:51 am

This is exactly the gift that the No S diet has given me... I have had BED binge eating disorder since I was four-and-a-half years old... nothing has releived it like NO S.. I have been doing it just over three weeks and I can truly so I have no desire to binge what so ever and I am enjoying my food more than I though possible!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Good Morning Blueskighs,

Thank you for sharing with me. You must have surely suffered having BED, especially having had it for so long. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad you are finding relief now with the No S diet. How wonderful !

Have a great day,
Foxylady

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:05 am

foxylady,

truly! it is wonderful,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey