What do you eat?????

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carla70

What do you eat?????

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 pm

I am wondering what everyone is eating at mealtimes. Are you worrying about what you eat? I have been cooking "normal" not no fat or whatever and just having the one plate. I am not too keen eating everything low fat or fat free... some is ok but all of it is no fun..lol I have some receipe books that I haven't touched in years because I feel they don't have "good" for you foods, but with this plan I feel it is more as we should be portion control.. one plate. So I can look through them and try some new recipes on my family.

As a guy i know who has lost an incredible about of weight said when I asked how he did it he replied "i watch what goes in the big trap".

So, wondering what everyone else is doing.

Too solid flesh

What do you eat?????

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm

As you are thinking, I cook normal meals from umpteen cookery books. I don't aim to cook low fat meals, just something tasty and with plenty of vegetables.

Sometimes I include snack type foods (eg tortilla chips) as part of a meal. If I include such things occasionally as ordinary food, it stops them from becoming forbidden fruit.

All the best.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 pm

That is what I was thinking of doing. Such as having sandwich and chips for lunch or supper..quick and easy..lol on nights I don't feel like cooking.

I am looking forward to trying some new recipes.

tracey

Post by tracey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Right now, I'm more focused on getting the habits ingrained than what I'm putting into the body.

Once I feel like the habits are true habits and second nature I will likely begin taking strides toward eating more quality foods.

I can't handle too much at one time or else I'll just give up entirely on everything if I mess up on one thing.

I'm finding the 3-S habits easy enough and not difficult but if I added more more thing, I think I'd pop. :)

Baby steps!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Carla,
I buy some of my meals from a freshly prepared kitchen business. I just buy things that look good and eat them. Imagine my shock when they were featured on local tv when I found out they were balanced meals. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't knowingly eat anything diet. I have eaten more veggies since I started nosing as they come seasoned(tasty) already prepared and ready to pop into the oven. My eating plan is all things in moderation(3xplates a day). It worked before, it will work again. Desserts on weekends if so desired.
I think the question is what do you really like? Eat that.

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:20 pm

I too just eat anything I want, I kept it just one plate

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 am

Carla,

my basic diet is pretty healthy so pretty much I just made adjustments to keep it all on one plate. I def don't eat lofat!

Bluskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 am

In just this short time of no sing...my body has already pointed me in the direction I need to go to give it the nutrients it needs. As long as I keep trusting my body I will be fine.
Does it make sense that however we got here(were created) that the body would be incapable of knowing what it needs nutritionally?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:22 am

I eat real food. With the exception of low-fat milk (which I prefer because I don't like the mouth-feel of whole milk), I use no fat-free, low-fat, low-carb, no-sugar (have I missed anything?) foods.

These altered foods aren't good quality foods. I prefer to eat the higher quality foods in smaller amounts. They're more satisfying on every level.

I want the ingredients list of my food to look more like a recipe than a chemistry experiment. I don't want my food to be an example of better living through chemistry.

Are you familiar with Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade books and show on the Food Network? Her idea is to use 70% premade, store bought ingredients and 30% fresh food and decorative touches. My idea is to use 70% (or more) fresh food and 30% (or less) store bought, premade food. I'm not big on the decorative touches.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm

wosnes wrote:I eat real food. With the exception of low-fat milk (which I prefer because I don't like the mouth-feel of whole milk), I use no fat-free, low-fat, low-carb, no-sugar (have I missed anything?) foods.

These altered foods aren't good quality foods. I prefer to eat the higher quality foods in smaller amounts. They're more satisfying on every level.

I want the ingredients list of my food to look more like a recipe than a chemistry experiment. I don't want my food to be an example of better living through chemistry.

Are you familiar with Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade books and show on the Food Network? Her idea is to use 70% premade, store bought ingredients and 30% fresh food and decorative touches. My idea is to use 70% (or more) fresh food and 30% (or less) store bought, premade food. I'm not big on the decorative touches.
What wosnes said. I'm big on "real" food, except I also prefer low-fat milk. Other than that, I eat what I like.

And I cook more, and enjoy cooking more. I even bake on weekends now, which I used not to "allow" myself to do.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:38 pm

KCCC wrote:And I cook more, and enjoy cooking more. I even bake on weekends now, which I used not to "allow" myself to do.
Me, too! Sometimes I feel like I'm getting really picky about what I eat, but it's good-picky, not picky-picky.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

carla70

Post by carla70 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm

I LOVE when I can watch Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade.. i also like Rachael Ray.

Food is so much more fun when you have a plan..one plate.

You know that you want seconds cuz it was so good but then just think, I can have leftovers on the next meal. It's not a deprivation plan.

So far No S has released so much of the guilt of when you are on a diet.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:41 pm

wosnes -- I'm with you; I seldom use anything artificial or low-fat except for splenda in the muffin recipe that I posted and 2% milk. My husband likes revolting 80-calorie-a-cup yogourt that looks so disgusting that I don't even like to buy it!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:09 pm

flipturn wrote:wosnes -- I'm with you; I seldom use anything artificial or low-fat except for splenda in the muffin recipe that I posted and 2% milk. My husband likes revolting 80-calorie-a-cup yogourt that looks so disgusting that I don't even like to buy it!
I think I'd start using sugar in the muffin recipe! :lol: It's not the best, but I think it's better than the artificial sweeteners. As for the yogurt...well, at least you're not eating it!

I bought some vanilla and lemon yogurt and it tastes so "off" to me I can't stand it. Guess I'll flavor my own.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:23 pm

HOPE = Helping Ourselves Thru Proper Eating

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:27 pm

carla70 wrote:HOPE = Helping Ourselves Thru Proper Eating
I LIKE that! :wink:
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

drswife

Post by drswife » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 pm

I just eat whatever I feel like as well. Now that I'm really hungry I just want real meals anway..who craves junk when they're actually hungry? For breakfast I had a tortilla w/ scrambled eggs, salsa, sour cream and guac w/ watermelon on the side. For lunch I had a chicken sausage on a bun, grapes and a yogurt.

I don't think about it much but it ends up pretty balanced. Sometimes when I feel like grabbing a snack Ill remind myself that I can have that at mealtime instead and I'll make sure to add that to my plate for the next meal that way I never feel deprived.

have fun exploring foods!

:)