Grazing....? pls.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Summer

Grazing....? pls.

Post by Summer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Is it possible to take a plate of food and just graze on it till your next meal?

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Please all you pros out there... correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this defeat the whole purpose of the program in terms of what we're supposed to learn about needs vs. wants, portion control, habits in general?

With all good intentions..
Sandi
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

rose

Re: Grazing....? pls.

Post by rose » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Summer wrote:Is it possible to take a plate of food and just graze on it till your next meal?
On weekends, yes.
On N-days, no way. This is explicitly forbidden by the "No snacks" rule and very bad regarding habit forming. Also it would give off a very sloppy image of yourself. Also "grazing" food is probably less healthy than "real meal" food. Don't do it unless you are really forced to (and even then, eating a mouthful of sandwich every few minutes around lunch time is way better than grazing all afternoon, if you don't have time for a lunch break).
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:16 pm

yeah, what SHE said... :P
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Is it possible to do it? Sure, but not if you want to follow the No S plan and develop good habits, you can live with all of your life.

At least that would be my take on it :shock:
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Do you feel you have to do that for some reason? Why?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."