Feeling shaky

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Feeling shaky

Post by Sinnie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, it's great to see the boards so lively!

Well, I've been doing WAY better these days. I used to binge everysingle day after work. Over the past week that has stopped.

I'm really proud of myself because first thing at work I looked at my lunch (which I didn't make) and decided my best bet would be to throw out the brownie. Last time I ended up eating it, and probably would have today. First time i've ever done that.

I don't want to mess up a great No S day because I am really shaky now. How can I stop myself from eating something? Do you just tell yourself NO? It's not like I'm going to pass out, just feeling uncomfortable.

Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Last edited by Sinnie on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi Sinnie! How about having a glass of milk or a cup of tea? Those are permitted and help me hold off from my meal for a couple hours.

Sandy

droth

shaky?

Post by droth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:41 pm

If you are getting shaky then you might want to have your blood sugar checked. This is a sign of prediabetes and that you can combat now if you find out early that you have it. If your sugar is low (under 70) then you need a carbohydrate without any oils or fat in it...straight sugary stuff (orange juice, etc - no chocolate....), but just enough to bring your sugar back up. If in fact your sugar is low when you are shaky, please see a doctor....
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I've decided that I would impose my own rule for times when I feel shakey or so hungry I might get sick & the milk doesn't work--I will allow myself 5 saltines--that's all. That should carry be thru until meal time & I won't allow myself to feel guilty. So far, I have not had to do that b/c the milk has worked.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

Melsie52

Being Shakey

Post by Melsie52 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi,
I had your symptoms last week when I started the diet. I found out I needed to add more protein to my meals. Not only did it work, but I found out I wasn't as hungry when I got closer to meal time.

We have to form the habit that works for us while still No Sing. I have increased my exercising too. It has helped me tons.

Hope this helps,
Take Care,
Melanie in Colorado :wink:
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:06 am

What are you eating for lunch? I find that lunch has to be my biggest meal of the day in order to make it to dinner without problem.
Heather

bettyp

Post by bettyp » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 am

Yes more protien!!!
I get them too but with the protien it really helps
Less is More

drswife

Post by drswife » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:53 am

Definitely make sure your meals are LARGE--one big plateful. That way you will be able to make it the next meal w/out feeling too shaky. You'll eventually establish the habit of just 3 meals a day and then you can start cutting back to a more comfortable level of food at mealtime if you like.

Also, I think a lot of our hunger is very psychological. We kind of panic at those rumblings in our tummy when they are not really TRUE hunger. I read that true hunger is a very different sensation and doesn't kick in till about 2 or 3 days of fasting. But do make sure it's not pre-diabetes like another poster suggested to be safe.

GL!

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Thank you soooo much for your tips!

I ended up over eating, because I started to feel SO uncomfortable I basically walked into the kitchen without thinking and started eating. Didn't feel so good this morning.

I realize my lunch was not filling enough, not enough fat or protein. Then, having a caesar on an empty stomach probably made it worse (usually helps me until dinner).

Today I will get back on track!

I appreciate the advice tremendously.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

I felt very shaky yesterday also. Around 3:00-3:30, I had some wulong tea around 11:30-12:00 and wondering if that caused it???

Protein as others stated will ward off hunger longer and keep you feeling full. Learned that from my days of low carbing. I try (not always succeed) to balance the meal.