What's for Dinner Tonight?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Melsie52

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Post by Melsie52 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm

I am always looking for new ideas. I am having chicken wings, macaroni salad, ranch dressing, celery all on one plate :D

What are you having?

Enjoy,
Melanie in Colorado
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 am

Tonight was chicken and couscous with almonds, apricots, parsley and mint. Also a salad and I put some of the apricots and almonds on that along with some mandarin oranges. Pretty good.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 am

Chicken with cajun spice slow cooked in the crock pot; red beans and rice; tomatoes and okra.
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:03 am

A concotion from childhood that I hadn't had in years. Was GREAT.

You take one pound hamburger meat and brown it with one diced onion, salt pepper, garlic powder. Brown that up, dump in two cans of cream of mushroom soup, let that simmer for about 20 mins to make sure all the flavors blend, then at the end dump in about 1-2 cups of cooked elbow macaroni. Stir it up and let the flavors combine, then pass the parmesan when serving.

I felt like I was a kid again. Ate a normal sized portion with a salad and orange, all fitting nicely on my plate and I feel so satisfied. :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:23 am

Had a turkey provalone sandwich on wheat....from Wal-Mart. A 12 inch sub for $5, and it was quite good although has too much bread for my taste. This is nothing like a Subway sandwich...it was huge and wide.

Then small Boston Cream Cupcakes, and some licorice. Its my oldest daughter's birthday, so I splurged. Ate a girlscout cookie at work today, too. I really like how the S days separate out from the No S days, and yet for me, they still end up so much healthier than every day used to be for me!

StarFish

Post by StarFish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:25 am

I haven't eaten yet, but I'm thinking of some pasta salad. Don't know what else to have with it (I need to do some grocery shopping) so maybe I'll just have a lot of it.

drswife

Post by drswife » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 am

I had beef stroganoff, salad w/ mango chile dressing, corn on the cobb w/ real butter and a flour tortilla.

Sounds like a lot but normally I would have ate that much just picking at the food while I cooked it, then I still would have had a small portion at dinner time, then I would have eaten what my kids leftover, then I would have had some cookies after I put the kids down so all in all was about 1/2 of what I normally ate. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:53 am

we took some indian cooking classes recently and I learned how to make these two kinds of dal... that is lentil soup. They are both delicious and I eat them for dinner about three nights a week...

tonight I had one ... albeit a rathe large ONE 8) bowl of the yellow dal,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

HistoryTeacher

Post by HistoryTeacher » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:05 am

veggie pizza, apples with peanut butter and carrots. I'm still not very good at the vegetarian thing, I'm still learning what to buy at the store so I can have enough protein to keep me from being extremely hungry at my next meal (aka the peanut butter with dinner).

irish

Post by irish » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:43 pm

Do any of you eat "real" food, like meatloaf or casseroles or hamburger helper or do you pretty much try to eat "healthy"? I always have veggies and salad with my meal (on the same plate, of course) but I do eat a lot of pasta and ordinary things. I also eat at taco bell or panera's about once a week - I suppose my weight loss will be slow. What do you think?

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Most of us eat "regular food" - whatever that may be for each of us.

I love homemade chicken pot pie, for example - not exactly a low-cal dish. We eat a lot of pasta too, though usually in reasonable portions with a salad on the side. Last night I ate out (work) and included tortilla chips and beans and rice alongside my fajita (sp?).

If it's one plate, don't dissect it, just eat it.

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Tonight, I'm going to a friends home for dinner. She invited me over to meet her parents from out of town. She is making spaghetti, salad and garlic bread and dessert.

I'll most likely take the salad and spaghetti maybe a small piece of bread? Dessert - I will take something home for tomorrow. I'm not considering an S day because it's not a big celebration in my mind.

I'm going back to New York for about two weeks to visit my family come May 1st. That will take a little willpower to not make it two weeks of S Days - :lol: However, with this system, I can enjoy some good food without the guilt.

~Danielle

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Tonight, I will be going out to Montana's Steakhouse for a yummy steak dinner with my boyfriend. I won't be having dessert because it is not as S day, and we very seldom get appetizers, and now that I'm No S-ing I just won't.

My usual meals are pretty healthy and 'real' anyway, so I'm not worried. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:04 pm

irish wrote:Do any of you eat "real" food, like meatloaf or casseroles or hamburger helper or do you pretty much try to eat "healthy"? I always have veggies and salad with my meal (on the same plate, of course) but I do eat a lot of pasta and ordinary things. I also eat at taco bell or panera's about once a week - I suppose my weight loss will be slow. What do you think?
I have reasons above and beyond weight that I should "eat healthy," but I make normal things, too. Probably the biggest reason I make casseroles infrequently is the usual "cream of whatever" soups. I try to avoid them. I made meatloaf over the weekend. I've never made Hamburger Helper. I make pasta. Like someone else mentioned, I make homemade chicken potpie. I eat out, too. I ate at Panera earlier in the week and I've eaten a couple of other places within the last couple of weeks. I hope to eat out tomorrow morning.

My cooking (and eating) has changed a lot over the last few years. Not only am I more concerned about the quality of the food I eat, I cook for fewer people and experiment more.

I want the food I eat to have an ingredients list that looks like a recipe, not a chemistry experiment. Commercially prepared food, including much restaurant food (including Panera's soups -- which I love), have ingredients lists that look like chemistry experiements. They taste like chemicals, too.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Tonight is "Build your own Nacho" night. I supply all the toppings and everyone makes there own!!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Oh, and tonight is hubby's b'day, so we're going out. :)

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:51 pm

There are lots of good ideas here. We are going to have large-sized cheese ravioli (from Trader Joe's) with a little bit of butter, baby broccoli and tiny cherry tomatoes that a friend grows in her greenhouse. If there is any room left on the plate, I will have a kiwi.

chops

whats for dinner ?

Post by chops » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:36 pm

blacken tuna steaks on th grill oven roasted potatoes mixed veggies

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:59 am

Frozen shrimp sauteed in a little butter and garlic seasoning, veggies and rice. The veggies were the best (IMO) cause there were summer squash, zucchini, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower! Yummmy!

Not very filling, though, since I don't like shrimp and didn't eat much. In a way that is good, cos tomorrow I'll be good and hungry at breakfast! LOL! (Will prolly have a glass of milk before bed!)

Wouldn't this make a great daily thread? Like what did you have for dinner 4/18/08?!?

Tulsa

Post by Tulsa » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:02 am

Friday night is my wife and I's date night. We leave the kids at home and go out. We went to Pizza Hut and had the salad bar and one of their new natural pizzas with multi-grain crust and organic toppings. It was very good.

Melsie52

Great Food

Post by Melsie52 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:25 am

:D I had the best homemade tamale pie. I put a piece of that on my plate as well as no fat sour cream and chili fritos. That was a nice one plate meal. My husband and I ate at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and I made a nice one level plate of good salads. It was plenty.

It's so nice to share what everyones having for dinner and get some more ideas coming in.

Melanie in Colorado :wink:
Life for me is a bowl of cherries=Enjoy them on one plate. :)
Wght: 165

Started No S on 4/11/08

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Being blessed with living along the beautiful bayous of south Louisiana, we are having shrimp smothered in onions with noodles and a side vegetable(to be determined which one later).
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:20 am

CatholicCajun,

Oh my, makes me long for my days as LSU and USL, crawfish boils with those yummy potatoes, onions, and corn!

Resting52

apple

Post by apple » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 am

I'm having rice with stir-fried zucchini, onions, mushrooms and and a lot of Moroccan spices. And veggie burgers.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 am

We had kofka (grilled hamburger patties mixed with onion, parsley, allspice and cinammon), grilled zucchini and tomatoes and rice with butter.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 pm

The husband isn't home tonight, so I am going to have a mozzarella/tapenade/avocado sandwich on multigrain bread and 1/8 of a really fresh, sweet pineapple. I am having hummus, carrots, whole wheat little pitas and yogourt for lunch.

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:03 pm

This is what we had the *other* night --first time trying the recipe-- (and I have no clue, yet, what we're having *tonight*)....
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/re ... _id=107338

This one was really good, though: Chicken Parmesan Bundles (a recipe I found in the Kraft "What's Cooking?" magazine). Those recipes are always fairly simple, and they taste great!
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm cooking roasted chicken thighs
(I peel the skin from mine and give it to my husband)
Baked potatoes
(I use butter buds on mine)
Green beans
Lettuce and Tomato Salad
(I use zero cal Russian Walden Farms dressing on mine).
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Baked Pork Chops, cream potatoes, corn, strawberries, lettuch/tomato salad.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Gnocchi w/ Tomato Sauce
Salad with EVOO & Vinegar

Yep - I'm Italian :wink:
~Danielle

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Tonight is Italian sausages, potatoes or corn on the cob, salad and strawberries.

Last night was Spanikopita, strawberries and pineapple.

Tomorrow is Honey-Dijon Shrimp over rice (a favorite - 10 minutes if the rice is pre-cooked... I'm doing that tonight) and broccoli and more strawberries.

(Can you tell I went strawberry-picking this weekend, and have a ton? Yum!)

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Tonight is Barbeque night, and i've been looking forward to it since last week!

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 pm

We just ate "twice baked potatoes" stuffed with cottage cheese, scallions and mozzarella; steamed broccoli and a ramequin with sliced kiwis and pineapple.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 am

North Carolina style BBQ (Gotta love pork shoulder and a crock pot).
Slaw
Sweet potatoes.

freegirlnow

Post by freegirlnow » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:30 am

The chicken parmesan bundles look great...I must try them soon!

Tonight it was a baked pork chop with homemade bread stuffing, 1/2 sliced apple and 8 oz milk.
"Sometimes we need to begin again, to become more fully alive, to realize ourselves"

chops

whats for dinner ?

Post by chops » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:20 am

grilled ham steak -- rice pilaf--salad
be well chops

Amy O.

What's for dinner tonight?

Post by Amy O. » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:14 am

I had fish filets (breaded frozen ones, that I microwaved), cocktail sauce , baked potato, mixed greens, black olives, bleu cheese dressing, glass of milk and some green grapes--It filled me up!

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:16 am

I had chicken quesadilla -- two tortillas sandwiched with chicken, green peppers, onion, and cheese; toasted and served with salsa and sour cream. This was from a restaurant but I think this is something I would like to try to make for my family.

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

Laff

Post by Laff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:31 am

I really like this thread.
I made a nice big pot of vegetable barley soup and to show you just how crazy a hungry girl can be I threw in a couple of handfuls of small shell pasta. I had a nice big bowl with a small roll with leftover roast pork in it. Along with my glass of milk this has kept me fairly satisfied tonight.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Wednesday night used to be pizza night, but I gave it up because I would have two slices . . . and eat another an hour later and finish off the rest for breakfast. (I already feel grateful that flipturn is not my real name!) Yesterday afternoon I called my husband to say that we were resuming pizza night, and he was happy about that. I fit two slices on my plate, along with a ramequin of fruit salad (I am going through a fruit salad phase). I really enjoyed eating it and had no desire to have any more.

As for tonight, it will be a stir-fry of rice, tofu, mushrooms and whatever vegetable leftovers I find lurking in the refrigerator. All the news about rice shortages in Asia and imposed limits at several US stores has made me appreciate it all the more.

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm having sliced ham, steamed asparagus with butter, and parsley potatoes. Maybe deviled eggs?

Have salad stuff in the fridge so I can make chef salad with the leftover ham and hard-boiled egg tomorrow.

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:43 am

flipturn,

cool about your pizza experience, bet your hubby was happy too!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:36 pm

I am tired of everything I cook again, so have signed up for an online recipe service. I've done this one before, and liked it.

Somehow, having a weekly list of recipes with a keyed grocery list is more inspiring than a cookbook. I'm more likely to do a few new recipes each week. Even if I don't do them all, it makes planning easier for the week.

The one I like is thescramble.com, because most of the recipes are quick and a week's worth will include non-meat options. Some of my favorite recipes came from the Scramble last time I registered.

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 pm

While cutting up veggies for lunch, decided to go ahead and get some pre-prep done for my chef salad. Found out that the brown color on the base of my lettuce head goes all the way through the head. :(

So tonight's dinner is now ham/pepper/onion quiche with some fresh sliced cucumber and tomato on the side!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Probably a couple pieces of pizza tonight. It's pizza night, but I'm not really in the mood for it. I am not in the mood for anything. Haven't been feeling well all day. Allergies.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:59 pm

I have no idea what I'm going to do for dinner tonight. I have an awful headache...I think from the change in the barometric pressure...it's gonna rain here soon...ugh! But I also need to go to Wal-mart and return some sandals I bought, so I might do that first, then worry about dinner.

And like others in this post....I'm tired of eating/cooking the same old things. Maybe it's just laziness :lol:
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi, blue -- Thanks for the encouragement! Tonight we are going to a friend's for a spur-of-the-moment BBQ, which will be fun. Thank goodness for the glass ceiling and the fact that the friend never serves dessert.

BrightAngel

Homemade Hamburgers, yummm

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Tonight I'm making homemade hamburgers, one of my favorites.
I use the frozen ground sirloin patties from Costco,
Whole wheat hamburger buns from Trader Joe's,
sliced onion, tomato, iceburg lettuce,
mustard, ketcup, and relish.

So I can have other food with it,
My share is 1/2 a hamburger (278 calories)
(which is a quantity similiar to a McDonalds hamburger -or- Whopper Jr -or- single In-and-Out burger).

I'm also splurging by having several Alexia baked onion rings, along with
an ounce of Light Ruffles cheese flavored potato chips,
Also on my plate will be a cup of diced canteloupe.

Tomorrow is an S day. I don't know what I will eat yet.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:46 am

Beckycan wrote:I had chicken quesadilla -- two tortillas sandwiched with chicken, green peppers, onion, and cheese; toasted and served with salsa and sour cream. This was from a restaurant but I think this is something I would like to try to make for my family.

Becky
I make homemade chicken quesadillas -- my sister taught me the recipe. They're awesome, and one of my FAVORITE meals (my family loves them, too!).

* put one tortilla in a dry pan over med-high heat
* layer on shredded mozzarella cheese, browned&chopped onions, corn, and cooked chicken, then shredded cheddar cheese
* put a second tortilla over the top
* brown the bottom tortilla, then flip the whole thing over and brown the other side
* serve with salsa & sour cream

YUMMY! :D

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:48 am

Since this thread is talking food, can I be a little off-topic and ask if anyone watches Rachael Ray & has tried her recipes?

I've just started watching the show this week, and I'm totally hooked, as her recipes sound delicious, and yet they're FAST and look easy! I can't wait to try some of the stuff out! (I ordered 3 of her cookbooks from my local library so I can check out more!) ;)

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:16 am

Jaymiz wrote: I make homemade chicken quesadillas -- my sister taught me the recipe. They're awesome, and one of my FAVORITE meals (my family loves them, too!).
Sounds yummy, Jaymiz! Thanks for the recipe!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:23 am

Jaymiz wrote:Since this thread is talking food, can I be a little off-topic and ask if anyone watches Rachael Ray & has tried her recipes?

I have made a few of her recipes and in fact, for dinner tonight I made her Chicken Cacciatore Stoup (thinner than stew, thicker than soup). It was full of veggies and chicken in a tomato base with a little red wine for good measure. She says a half-hour but I let it simmer for about an hour for good measure. Then I had a nice big bowl of goodness for dinner. If you want the recipe you can find it on the Food Network website. We all liked it here. :D
Gotta smile. Laff

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Laff wrote:I have made a few of her recipes and in fact, for dinner tonight I made her Chicken Cacciatore Stoup (thinner than stew, thicker than soup). >> If you want the recipe you can find it on the Food Network website. We all liked it here. :D
Cool! Thanks for the recommendation!

patticake

Post by patticake » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi. This isn't dinner but breakfast. I make oatmeal (5 tbls. and 2/3 cup of water, pinch of salt, micro in a little larger bowl for 2 mins. 45 sec.) Then I put 1/2 cup of fiber one in my bowl, top with the oatmeal,sprinkle 1 tsp. brown sugar on top then I spread 1 tbls. natural peanut butter on top and last add 1/2 cup of milk. This keeps me happy until lunch. Try it it sounds wierd but it is good! I love everybodys suggestions. Thanks Patti :)

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Our dinner is simmering away in the slow cooker. It is a bean and vegetable stew and smells wonderful. I just need to throw in some pasta in the last hour. We are not vegetarians but I do try to make at least one vegetarian meal a week (usually it turns into 2 with leftovers). If anyone would like this recipe you can find it on recipezaar.com listed as Hearty Bean and Vegetable Stew or Recipe #15045. I better get some bread going in the bread maker.
What's up in your kitchen on this S day??
Gotta smile. Laff

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm having Organic roast beef, that I cooked in my slow cooker all day right here in my store so all the customers can smell it when they come in :D I'm also having boiled spuds (potatoes) and steamed asparagus with it. Haven't decided if I'm having any dessert or treat later.

I'm quite surprised that I haven't eaten any snacks or sweets yet today. Even though I have a lovely big piece of Organic homemade sponge toffee dipped in Organic dark chocolate sitting here waiting to be eaten by me. :shock:

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 pm

My children and I got in a debate about chocolate quality (comparing Godiva, Lindt and a few other brands).

We decided that a taste test was in order.

So I bought three different brands of dark chocolate, made some lime water for palate cleansing purposes between each taste of chocolate and got some paper for taking notes. I set it up as a blind test, so we wouldn't know what brands we were eating.

We would taste a square of chocolate, eating it very slowly to focus on the taste and wrote notes about it, then drank some lime water between each sort so that we came into it with a fresh palate each time.

We all preferred different brands, but were able to articulate why.

There's still about half a candy bar of each sort we've tried on plates on the table. Not only did we figure out why we liked particular chocolate, we also found out that if you slowly savor and concentrate on the taste, it takes very little of good quality chocolate to satisfy.

A fun S-day activity.

I'm making bets with myself about how this lesson will carry over tonight, as we're going to a Chinese buffet for dinner.

Tulsa

Post by Tulsa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm

NoelFigart wrote:My children and I got in a debate about chocolate quality (comparing Godiva, Lindt and a few other brands).

We decided that a taste test was in order.

So I bought three different brands of dark chocolate, made some lime water for palate cleansing purposes between each taste of chocolate and got some paper for taking notes. I set it up as a blind test, so we wouldn't know what brands we were eating.

We would taste a square of chocolate, eating it very slowly to focus on the taste and wrote notes about it, then drank some lime water between each sort so that we came into it with a fresh palate each time.

We all preferred different brands, but were able to articulate why.

There's still about half a candy bar of each sort we've tried on plates on the table. Not only did we figure out why we liked particular chocolate, we also found out that if you slowly savor and concentrate on the taste, it takes very little of good quality chocolate to satisfy.

A fun S-day activity.

I'm making bets with myself about how this lesson will carry over tonight, as we're going to a Chinese buffet for dinner.
This sounds interesting. Which brands did you try?

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:43 am

Garlic and basil fresh linguine with cream and parmesan cheese and lemon sorbet!.
Mm-mm, can't wait.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Trying a new recipe - chicken, rosemary, artichoke hearts, dash of lemon juice. Served with couscous and salad. Will let you know how it comes out. :)

Tomorrow I'm trying a Pad Thai recipe. :)

I posted previously that I re-started a recipe service that I used to really like. It was a life-saver this weekend... I was out of town, so had to do a quick grocery shop last night. Luckily, I just had to pull out the grocery list that came keyed to this week's recipes, add a few staples, and I was ready to go! And I'm excited about all the meals I'm making this week.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Organic chicken I'm cooking right now in my slow cooker. And we'll have a couple of different types of veggies with it, or salad and another veggie.
No 2nds, no dessert for me, cause it's an N day :lol:

droth

Turkey

Post by droth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:01 pm

I baked a turkey breast yesterday while I was watching the race so will have it today with a salad and some leftover augratin potatos, no bread since I'm having potatoes as my carb source. No dessert either!
Started No-S 04/07/08
Need to lose 80 lbs.

Laff

Post by Laff » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Tonight is Lemon Chicken with Capers.
Gotta smile. Laff

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Laff wrote:Tonight is Lemon Chicken with Capers.
Hey!, I was thinking about making chicken scallopini, which is pretty much the same!.

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:03 am

Just got home from class and it's 8 pm...starving. Supper is ham biscuit and tomato soup, hafta wait 13 minutes for these canned biscuits to bake!!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Dinner tonight is a business meeting out at a restaurant. The funny thing about the meeting is that it involves, my boyfriend, my daughter, her boyfriend and me.... :lol: and yet it is legitimate business. My daughter and her boyfriend are designing 2 websites for my boyfriends 2 businesses and my daughters boyfriend is also working on my website for my store!! My daughter also works part time for my boyfriend AND for his brother who owns a Mr. Sub.
Can you tell I live in a small city with that small town way of things? lol

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm having a lonely dinner tonight because my fiance's working late :( I'm considering Subway. I don't know.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

rose

Post by rose » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:22 pm

P - Frankfurt sausages (microwaved) with mustard
V - zucchini (microwaved, I'm that lazy)
C - multi-cereal bread
liquorice/mint herbal tea (no need for sugar, the flavor is strong)
Perhaps I should add a fruit but somehow fruit is less appealing at night.
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm

I've got two classes this evening, 4 pm until 10 pm, with a supper break in between. I don't see anything interesting to pack for supper, so it will probably by Taco Bell- for a couple of Taco Tuesday $0.50 soft tacos. :roll:

Or the Tuesday special at Subway -- footlong sub for $5 -- to split with my daughter. (Who is taking the same college classes as I am.)

(Can you tell payday is getting close?)

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Tonight -- crockpot chicken dish:

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained (or 2 cups fresh or frozen)
1 jar salsa
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Put in crockpot in order listed and cook 3-4 hours on high; 6-8 hours on low. Serve with rice or cornbread or in a tortilla. Also salad.

I've used some of Rachael Ray's recipes and like most that I have tried.

I'm also fond of Everyday Food magazine, their cookbook Great Food Fast, and the web sites:

www.marthastewart.com/dinnertonight

http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/

And for your leisure enjoyment -- here's 5,000 recipes from a contest yesterday:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008 ... /#comments

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am

Ham, potatoes, broccoli. Not exciting, but pretty good.