S-Event (versus day)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

S-Event (versus day)

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:00 pm

After a long time on No-S, I have realized that I sometimes have "S-events" versus S-days now.

What's the difference? Well, I used to think that if it was someone's birthday, and I was taking an S-day for it, that I got to eat the whole day through. So, hey, it's an S-day, so I'll just have...(fill in the blank, all day long).

Lately, when it's someone's birthday, I just have cake when it's served. Good enough, and I'm done. The rest of the day is a normal N-day. It's an S-event, not an S-day.

I like the change. I don't think I was ready for it before - and it sort of crept up on me, where I was doing it before I noticed it. But it's a good step forward.

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Thank you so much KCCC. I was thinking about that very thing earlier today & couldn't think of what to call it. S-Event--perfect.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:23 pm

I've been thinking about that, too. A lot of the special days, especially birthdays and such, are really more events than days. There's a special meal, but the rest of the day is normal.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 pm

I like that thinking too kccc. I haven't had any special events yet in the week I've been No S-ing, but I'm going to keep this in mind when the first one comes up. It does not 'have' to be an S-day, just an S-event :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!