5 days down, 6 lbs gone. :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AnnaBanana

5 days down, 6 lbs gone. :)

Post by AnnaBanana » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:59 am

YIPPEEE!!! And it was basically painless.

Friday and Saturdays are my days off so they are the days I will relax on the eating. Today I found I stuck to it all day effortlessly again, but went out to dinner for date night with hub and had a wonderful time. Strawberry margarita, a little bit of chips and queso, a mexican smoked chicken and peppers dish over a bed of spinach, barracho beans and split a brownie with my hub. I don't feel guilty at all! I feel great! I still exercised this morning and will tomorrow too. I don't feel the great urge to do anything out of the ordinary foodwise tomorrow since tonight was so enjoyable. I kind of like the idea, at least for me, of how I did it today. The day was the same as the previous five, but I relaxed the rules for date night. If nothing outstanding grabs my attention tomorrow, I will just do what I've been doing.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:03 am

I forgot to add, I have a LOT to lose, so 6 lbs, percentage wise, is not that high for me. I ate well this week. Just followed the guidelines. I am finally free to live life AND have my body weight normalize.

PS Will I get kicked off the board since my S days are actually Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday? :)
Laura Ann

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:08 am

LauraAnn,

that is wonderful!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

randycandylamb

Post by randycandylamb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:10 am

my actual name is Laura Ann to!!! haha congragulations!!!

Bumpkyns

Post by Bumpkyns » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Very exciting news, keep it up. Congrats to you. :!:
Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Congratulations!!! Six pounds down from this time last week, how awesome is that!!!

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:46 pm

I realize I am lucky. I know it was mostly water and next week may actually show a gain. But I know I was probably eating at least as much calories in snacks every day as food, so just cutting snacks out was HUGE for me. I had the mindset that grazing from the refrigerator and eating standing up in the kitchen did not count as food or cals. No wonder I have so much to lose. :roll:
Laura Ann

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Congratulations! You are an inspiration and give hope to the rest of us. Have a BLessed Day!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Excellent, Laura Ann! Yay for you! I am loving this No S as well...it is so easy to fit into my lifestyle! (Not always easy to stay away from sweets and snacks....but I'm learning!)

amyg

Post by amyg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Staying away from sweets and snacks is easy for me, what IS hard is no seconds.....I eat fast and then take an extra spoonful of this and an extra forkful of that....while I chat with Hubby. NO MORE! ONE plate and nothing else. I now fill our plates at the stove and take plate to table instead of tempting serving dishes sitting in front of me. So far, it works. I'm doing great and I love that I don't have a constant guilt of enjoying my food. Seems like with other diets, if It tastes good then it must be a no-no! I'm feeling thinner and clothes are looser...I'm lovin it! :D