Starting the diet on Monday...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

randycandylamb

Starting the diet on Monday...

Post by randycandylamb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 am

Hi Im a new member! Im 17 and I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Basically I've always been the a little bit over on the "big" side. I weigh 190 pounds but people say I look WAY skinnier Like 160 but I dont feel like it :?. I've been trying to lose weight for such a long time but its so hard especially being a teen but I want to get serious about this. My one weekness is SODA. Its like a drug to me, I cant stop. Other then quitting soda, I have no problem starting this diet. Really I just wanna look and feel better. I also have mitral valve prolapse and my doctor keeps telling me over and over i need to lose weight. I havent worn a two piece bathing suit since i was nine or ten and I want to change that. All my friends have nice bodies and have the boys eyeing them and you know for once I want that girl to be me. I really hope to lose 30 pounds. I've been looking around this board and everyone seems very nice so Im excited about starting this diet!!!! :P

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:16 am

Welcome aboard!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:22 pm

RCL,

I wish I had known about this way of eating when I was 17. You are going to do just fine. Next year at this time you will be the hot chick. Being young, your metabolism is much more zippy than that of us who can't even see 17 in the rearview mirror anymore.

But even better than being the hottie, you are setting up good habits for yourself. This means a lifetime of freedom from food obsession, self loathing for eating "bad" foods, guilt and recriminations alternating with the intense case of "do-betters".

By the way, even though today is Saturday you can officially start today. S days are part of the diet.... excuse me - eating plan - too.

sassy

Post by sassy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Good Luck!!!
I have a teenage daughter that was on the "heavier" side and when she heard about how the empty calories and sugar in soda help you pack on the pounds she quit her Dr. Pepper habit cold turkey. It worked! She has not had a soda of any sort in over 2 years and is looking great.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:27 pm

randycandylamb,

I agree with other posters ....being able to discover this way of eating at such a young age is a complete and total blessing.

TAKE ADVANTAGE ...

as far the sodas, if you quite cold turkey you may get headachey, etc... not to worry .. IT WILL PASS and when you get beyond that you will find freedom!

WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome Randycandy!
I too love my sodas. I went ahead and went cold turkey when I started this new way of eating 2 weeks ago.
I do allow myself One (and ONLY one) diet dr. pepper at lunch. For me, I needed that caffine (or at least I tell myself that;=) ) to get through my afternoon with my students :=)

Since starting this new plan, I have had more energy!

LIke the others have said, it is a true blessing that you have 'discovered' this new way of eating so young!
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

randycandylamb

Post by randycandylamb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:25 pm

thanks so much you guys :D
"Take a chance cause you might grow"

viggie

Post by viggie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:56 pm

So glad that you are starting this way of life. If only I knew about this when I was 17! I'm 50 now and just understanding that food is okay and I don't have to try to eat it all to enjoy it. So hang in there and soon you'll see the results. As far as the soda, I'm like everybody else. Try cold turkey. This is my second full week and I'm not missing it at all. I even tried to drink some yesterday with my nacho's and it didn't even taste good. So I'm giving up those empty calories for good!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:32 pm

viggie,

congratulations for getting off those sodas!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey