What is for dinner (or breakfast or lunch!) 4-19-08

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CrazyCatLady

What is for dinner (or breakfast or lunch!) 4-19-08

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:56 pm

So....what are you having today?

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

7 oz Fage yogurt, with 1 T all natural peanut butter, 1 T ground flax seeds, and 1 T honey mixed in. My all time FAVORITE breakfast.

The rest of the day I'm playing it by ear and I LOVE it that way. :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:23 pm

breakfast: oat flakes, banana, almonds, raisins, yogurt, mixed together + half a pineapple. i love bananas and pineapples

lunch big pot of my favorite Cuban soup. recipe: while boiling some potatoes and pumpkin cut into cubes, melt a bit of butter, throw in some onion, add the other vegetables when they get soft. add some garlic, chillies, tomato puree, corn (i use frozen) , stock and thyme. cook for a while, when almost done add prawns. yummy! i always have 2-3 bowls. it's an s-day, so it doesn't matter, and it will last till evening

i had it with some onion flavored bread chips

i'm so full that i'm not in the state to plan my dinner yet, sorry
Last edited by silver on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Last evening I had a great dinner. I cooked up a fresh artichoke and put it on my plate with some roasted red pepper hummus. Also some whole wheat bread. Then I nuked a sliced pear and some raisins in a little water and sprinkled a little cinnamon on top. This was "dessert". What a yummy supper!

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:52 pm

It's an S Day and it snowed here in Seattle about 5 inches!! I am considering Swedish Pancakes for breakfast. I may be lazy though - LOL.

If I make a later breakfast, I'll go with an earlier dinner. I am not sure what though. It's chilly, so, maybe some Vietnamese Pho soup?

~Danielle

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 pm

B -- 1 morning glory muffin (I posted a variation on the recipe, but this time I used sugar when I made them) and plenty of cafe au lait

L -- turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich made on a Bavarian pretzel that I bought at a German bakery, maybe also some pineapple

S -- iced cookie also from the German bakery. I pretended that it was for a child and bought one decorated with balloons and the other with a bouquet of flowers

D -- sauteed scallops and stir-fry rice and vegetables

jazzys mom

Post by jazzys mom » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Breakfast ----- Pecan waffle with warm syrup

Lunch ------ not sure yet, still full from breakfast

Snack ----- homemade brownie (later tonight)

Dinner ------ going to take grandma out to dinner so probably a cup of lemon rice soup, chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat toast, baked potato and maybe a small scoop of peppermint ice cream

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:24 pm

sounds good! I was so full that I only had half a pretzel sandwich and am putting off the cookie until later. I feel like a normal person (knock on wood)

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 pm

I slept through breakfast since I was at the ER until 4:30 am with my dad.
(He is fine now)
Anyway, I awoke around 10:30, so I skipped breakfast.
For lunch I fried up some lean pork and oven fried some potatoes with garlic and herbs.
THEN baked some brownies and had one.

For supper? I dont know. But will prob. have something light like a salad.

:)
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Brunch: Waffle, fruit cup, bacon

Won't have lunch since brunch was so late.

Dinner: I think Parmesan chicken and salad.

Hm...no treat or snack. I'm going to have to work on that!

UPDATE: I remembered I bought a donut at the grocery this morning. This particular grocery has better donuts in their bakery than most other bakeries and better than Dunkin' Donuts. I got a chocolate cake donut with glaze.

LauraAnn - I love Fage yogurt. At the grocery this morning I bought something different, though. It's an organic, locally made European-style yogurt. I had some with honey, almonds and diced apricots. Yum! I also like it (or the Fage) with granola and some honey.
Last edited by wosnes on Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:08 pm

sweetsong32 wrote:I slept through breakfast since I was at the ER until 4:30 am with my dad.
(He is fine now)
...... :)
*HUGS*

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:23 pm

B- Fried egg, 2 pieces of bacon and a biscuit (made into a sandwich)

L- Wasn't hungry, we have been in the yard all day!! Perfect, sunny and 70's, doesn't get any better than this!!

D- Slow cooked pork tenderloin, sliced and made into BBQ sandwiches, homemade baked french fries and salad.

I doubt I will be having sweet today-- Planning on baking a cake tomorrow.

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:42 pm

LauraAnn wrote:7 oz Fage yogurt, with 1 T all natural peanut butter, 1 T ground flax seeds, and 1 T honey mixed in. My all time FAVORITE breakfast.

The rest of the day I'm playing it by ear and I LOVE it that way. :)
I was wondering where you found your FAGE yogurt. The only place I can find it around here is Trader Joe's, but it's a good 30-minute drive from my house. I wish more stores sold this delicious yogurt.

Sandy

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:59 pm

I've been able to find it at Whole Foods and most recently, my regular grocery store! Your regular grocery might start to carry it if you ask for it. I assume that's what happened at mine.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

chops

whats for bkf lunch dinner

Post by chops » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:59 pm

bkf--- one egg over hard with ham and cheese on tst
lunch- ckn fires , spicy spinach salad sf jelloo
dinner blt potatoe salad cheese curls
snack turtle brownie

eljay

Post by eljay » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am

The first time I tried Fage yogurt, I ate two of them! Plain. Great stuff, fantastic texture.

This morning, I had plain yogurt from Aldi's (which ISN'T $1.99 a serving!), with all-fruit jam mixed in, and a 2-oz bagel with light cream cheese. Black coffee, as usual.

A little spartan for an s-day maybe, but last night I was craving a bagel big time, especially since I ate an early dinner. Double triumph -- I put it off until today, and then had the option to snack if this wasn't a sustaining enough meal!

Lunch -- leftover pasta with chicken, turkey kielbasa, broccoli, halved grape tomatoes, and olive oil. Didn't get to eat until 3pm (the bagel/yogurt breakfast held me fine, with a cup of tea in between).

Dinner or snack, haven't decided yet -- half pound of shrimp with cocktail sauce. This is a treat because I love them and they can not go on a plate with other food. It goes against natural law, and may cause the universe to implode. It would definitely put me off cocktail shrimp.

I may have a butter pecan ice cream cone. Or maybe tomorrow.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am

Wow...it is great to see all the yummy ideas! I started out with homemade pancakes. Taught my 12 y/o dd how to make them (though somehow I did most of the cooking!)

Then there were just no options for lunch, so we had beanie weenie! I know...not very healthy! And the hotdogs tasted a bit freezer burned, so I basically had baked beans.

Made homemade spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. My first try at this. Have always just used sauce straight out of the jar, but since I was making a double batch to share with another family, I put more effort into it. And it was delicious! Garlic bread on the side.

I also had a mini cupcake, some licorice, and some pretzels today. Need to go grocery shopping to get some healthier choices around here!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:02 am

A bit snacky today, and I honestly don't want to list it all. Not even sure I could. I'm done for the day - too full to want anything else.

But the BEST was that we went strawberry-picking (at a local pick-your-own place) and have a TON of fresh strawberries.

I'm planning to have strawberries and yogurt for breakfast. :)

apple

Post by apple » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:57 am

I had an S-day...

breakfast: scrambled eggs and two croissants
lunch: egg sandwich and a big salad
snack: some small canapées (sp?), muesli with yoghurt and an apple
more snacks: drinks and crisps at bar
dinner: a delicious three-course Italian meal with lots of wine, followed by more drinks