How's everyone's weekend going so far?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sandooch

How's everyone's weekend going so far?

Post by sandooch » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:19 am

This is my second S weekend, and I don't want to go overboard like I did last Saturday. This morning my husband and I made some awesome breakfast burritos with eggs, steak, potatoes and oninons. They were small, so I had 2 of them. But they filled us up for hours. We then later went to the movies with the kids and ordered a large popcorm and brought a big bag of M&Ms with us to share. The popcorn was alright, but I noticed a funny thing. I didn't want to devour the whole bag of M&Ms like I usually do. In fact, they didn't even taste as good as I remembered. Half the bag is still in my purse (remember...4 people shared this bag, not just me), and I'm okay with waiting until tomorrow to have some more (Who said that? :lol: ) This coming from a big-time sugar junkie. Before No S, I would could eat dessert instead of dinner at restaurants in a heartbeat. :lol:

I just thought that was pretty amazing. Anyone else want to share how No S has changed their way of looking at food?

Sandy

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 am

Today is my first S day after my first 5 N days. I had the same kind of breakfast and lunch that I would have had on an N day. I did have a dessert after lunch that came from the dinner party I was at last night where I did not eat any because it was an N day. (They offered for us to bring it home for the kids and also for me to try on a day it fit my diet. A very nice group of people...) I didn't feel the need to snack at all and ate a usual dinner and another smaller size of the same dessert after dinner. An hour or so later my son asked if I would mind if he finished the dessert, which was fine with me, so now it's gone.

We watched a movie tonight and I could have made popcorn, but I was not hungry and didn't feel the need. What is up with that? :o I know we should not be judging our N days (or our behavior on N days, I guess I should say), but I think this has been a great day.

I hope everyone else has had a great day too.

I am not weighing myself, but my husband has lost 4 pounds and a friend I shared this diet with last weekend has lost 5 pounds. I am thrilled for us all.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 am

Well, I just started no s on Wednesday but I decided to go ahead and keep my S days anyways this week end. I thought I was really looking forward to it, but today I went back to eating the way I did, say on Tuesday and I don't like it.

The sweets I ate this morning (my oreos ya know) left me feeling tired and cranky. Plus, I'm thinking that oreos aren't that great. Tomorrow, I'm going to go back to eating like I did on the N days, except I think I'll actually bake a dessert (something I NEVER ever do anymore) and that'll be my only splurge tomorrow. I guess if I really feel the need I'll have something else.

The wierd thing is that instead of craving the usual forbidden sweets, I'm actually craving vegetables.

I also don't like that overly stuffed feeling, so even though I could have seconds, I didn't want to.

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:09 am

This way of eating has changed the way I view food.
I now think twice before I put something in my mouth. Now dont misunderstand, I do NOTobsses over food. BUT I do put thought into my meals, because since I only get three a day, I want to make sure they are tasty and sustainable.
The same with my S days. I eat a sweet that I really want, not just eat to be eating.
TOday I made double fudge brownies! MMMMM
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

TingTing

Post by TingTing » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:18 am

This is my first S day! I decided to start off my day with Quaker instant oatmeal with maple sugar. 2 packets as a matter of fact! I mixed it with skim milk and microwaved it. It was very filling, but the problem was that I found it too sweet! After a whole week without sugar (well, okay, I did use Splenda) my oatmeal tasted disgustingly, cloyingly sweet! I didn't use sugar for the rest of the day. However, I did eat a 3 Musketeers bar and it was a very nice treat.

I enjoyed a patty melt and a cupcake and I was satisfied. I thought I would overeat but I didn't. I'm pretty happy so far, but I do feel glimmers of guilt after eating so well. :)

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 am

It makes me so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well and looking at sweets and trigger foods in a whole new way. It's like once we've been given the okay to eat them, they just don't appeal to us the way that they used to. That is so cool!

angelka71, I know what you mean about that tired and cranky feeling. That was me last Saturday when I really over did the sweets. I swear, I could have taken a 3-hour nap in the early evening that day. I hated that feeling and am so proud that I didn't go there today. Good for you for making more appealing sweet choices on your S days. It really is more satisfying when you pick something decadent, isn't it?

Sandy

JD4

Post by JD4 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:25 am

This is also my first S day after my first 5 of NoS, and it's been fine. I'm typically a big snacker, sometimes doing more grazing than meal-eating, so that's been the biggest thing for me today--being able to have a little something when I just want a little something, or to tide me over when it's not convenient to put together a meal. But I think 3 meals works well for me M-F when my days are more structured in general.

As for sweets, I also have a major sweet tooth and have been fighting the desire to eat all kinds of baked goods all week--from fancy bakery things to Starbucks drinks that don't actually count as coffee (in my book, anyway) to chemical-y things from vending machines. Then, today, for most of the day I couldn't think of any I particularly wanted! I did end up getting a piece of cake to-go when I went out for dinner, and ate about half of it later in the evening. The rest went in the fridge for tomorrow. I'm pretty pleasantly surprised that I didn't throw myself at every baked good and piece of chocolate in a 5 mile radius :lol:

rose

Post by rose » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Hmm... had a pastry at lunch and some chocolate through the day (very rich, dark chocolate). I ended up sick from the chocolate and had only a little bit of melon for supper.
I did have some chocolate today but hopefully I can restrain myself a little better (errrrr I mean make wiser food choices that still make today a satisfying S-day without making me sick of food).
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

lola628

Post by lola628 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:53 am

This is the second week that I've had snacks on Friday night, I was quite upset with myself. Popcorn at the movies plus some ice cream later on. Then Saturday, spicy chicken sandwich and FF, plus ice cream float.

Now I'm craving a chocolate chip bagel w/ cappuccino from Panera

My N days were fantastic all week long until Friday night, even my stomach feels flatter and my pants are starting to fall down....after only two weeks.

I contribute these loose pants to the No Snacks rule. Absolutely!

MollyMouse

Starting day 4

Post by MollyMouse » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:51 am

I think I have done very well with my "S" day yesterday, and surprise surprise having that chocolate bar at bingo did not send me off into a chocolate eating frenzy. Apart from that I had my three meals and even though one meal was not what would be considered a diet meal ( Cheeze Burger with FF and gravy), it did fit nicely on a plate that was no bigger than the one I use at home. Will see how the day goes. I have no idea how to get around the Tuesday and Thursday movie problem. If I eat supper I can't have the popcorn, and I can not keep making the popcorn my supper. This will be my biggest hurdle to surmount.

Hope you all have a great "S" day. Enjoy.

Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Friday and Saturday were my "S" days since that is my work schedule. Friday I did really well. Ate pretty much normal all day and then Friday night went out with my hub and had a nice meal with drinks and dessert. All day Saturday really well, too. But by Saturday night I slipped into my nonstop snacking mode. Eating pure junk mindlessly. Stuff I didn't like or want. Boredom eating. No other reason. But today I am back on "N" and I'm happy. From everything I read this is a learning process and I know with time it will continue to get better.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:39 pm

sandooch,

what you are sharing is a really huge shift! That is so cool! 8)

for my first 3 S weekends i had treaty breakfast and another treat after lunch or dinner on both days.
I felt like since I have been SO RESTRICTIVE in the past it was important to give myself ample latitude on S days without being an idiot.

Last night my husband took me out for a beautiful Italian meal. I had a balsalmic salad with organic greens that was truly fresh and lovely ... kind of perfectly dome shaped presentation and then basil and beet ravioli with a very light parmesan cream sauce and walnuts.

I ate about 3 of the five raviolis and felt great. WHEN THEY BOUGHT THE DESSERT TRAY NOTHING LOOKED APPEALING. I am sure there are some of you out there, like me, who completely understand the mythical proportions of such an occurence :lol:

I even stopped by Von's on the way home and looked at my beloved carrot cake ... and just said to my patient and loving husband " i feel good I don't want anything else"

WOW. Like Wow. The no S Diet is just kind of LIKE WOW!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:05 am

I'm doing well too. I ate everything I wanted and stopped when I reached my calorie limit, something that I could NEVER have done before.

f