Ugh...Back again.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Ugh...Back again.

Post by xJocelynx87 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 am

Ok, I fell off the wagon around the middle of March, and needless to say I've gained a few pounds (4ish). My problem is that I know No-S works (I had lost around 10lbs prior to my slip up) but since I'm young and a bit obsessed with celebrity gossip (bad habit, I know) coupled with the fact that I'm a former anorexic, I find myself constantly wittling my portions down, then getting overly hungry, and the whole plan goes out the window. I guess I'm just venting my frustration with myself at being swayed by ridiculous things such as cutting carbs and other hollywood fallacies. TOMORROW I WILL PICK MYSELF UP AND NOT LET MYSELF BACKSLIDE ANY FURTHER. So here is my official recommitment. Not really asking any questions here, just airing my dirty laundry...it usually helps. :)

Jocelyn

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:51 am

Welcome back. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 am

Yeah,

Jocelyn,
welcome back,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

MollyMouse

Good for you

Post by MollyMouse » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:42 am

Good for you Jocelyn. I do admire you. You go girl . We all slip and fall at times and we must remember we are not perfect and there is always going to be things along the way to trip us up. The important thing is to get back up and get going again. This is a life long thing and not like other diets that make us think of ourselves as horrible failures if we mess us along the way.
Have a good week.
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

slickchic

Post by slickchic » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 am

I too am always looking at the front of those tabloid magazine's at the stars and "How they lost all their weight" and can easily buy into their fad!! Which, now I remind myself is way too much work compared to NoS! Also, I know I would never keep the fad diet up for very long. I can also relate to the eating disorder. My problem is that I am having to get over feeling so quilty when I do eat. It is hard to not restrict my calories, but it is all a battle of the mind!! We know that restricting never never takes us where we want to go. I'll commit with you to stay with NoS and heal the stupid cycle of ED!!

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:52 am

I find it helps when looking at those magazine to remember that the stars "jobs" are to look a certain way. I then remember why I'm so thankful to have a more meaningful job (if you don't think your job is meaningful it helps to take the effects of your job and create scenarios in which you help random people you've never met).

Sure I could diet like them if I had:
1) an extra 10 hours a day to devote to it
2) professional help for fitness, nutrition, etc
3) a complete disregard for my health
4) if I was getting paid millions of dollars to play dress up

But I don't have those things and looking at what else the tabloids write, I don't think the payoff is worth the price.
Heather

carla70

Post by carla70 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Welcome Back Jocelyn...i also just "came back" after half starting it many times. I have now a full week of success and going for week number two.

Good Luck to you

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi, Jocelyn -- Welcome back! Try not to beat yourself up over the fact that you reverted to old habits; you are here now, and that's what matters today.

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:29 pm

lmt2pt wrote:I find it helps when looking at those magazine to remember that the stars "jobs" are to look a certain way.
Sure I could diet like them if I had:
1) an extra 10 hours a day to devote to it
2) professional help for fitness, nutrition, etc
3) a complete disregard for my health
4) if I was getting paid millions of dollars to play dress up

But I don't have those things and looking at what else the tabloids write, I don't think the payoff is worth the price.
This really sank in for me when I read the book, "The Secrets of Skinny Chicks" by Karen Bridson. It contained a bunch of "success stories", but most of the gals featured worked in television or whatnot, so they were basically *paid* to workout for hours every day and look the way they do. I almost bought into the idea that I should do the same, but then thought -- who has time to do that if they're not being PAID to do it???!

Seriously, this NoS thing seems like the more sensible way to go. It fits into a busy lifestyle, and doesn't cost a thing (Personal Trainers cost a fortune!). ;)

Welcome back, Jocelyn! Remember not to kick yourself for the temporary slips... Positive thoughts always help more than the negative ones. ;)

xJocelynx87

Post by xJocelynx87 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and words of encouragement.

The problem I seem to have is...being the weight that I want to be is WAY too important to me. I put so much energy and thought into my weight, that being 'celebrity thin' almost IS above everything else. I know that is not right, and I'm doing everything I can to change it...but part of me thinks I'll end up anorexic again because the one thing that I THINK will make me happy is being skinny. I know that is not true because I was thin as a rail and miserable, so why do I think that wittling myself down to nothing again will make me happy? I have no idea...but I'm really trying to figure it out. Everything else in my life is in order (I'm a dietetics major, for godssake!)...I just hope I can get myself in the right frame of mind.