Day ONE - here we GO

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sharky

Day ONE - here we GO

Post by Sharky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi All - just wanted you to know that i am at day ONE of being a no-s'er - is that what i am NOW - hahaha

Anyway its 10:30am and i am hungry but not uncomforable - am busy at work so that will help - plan to go for a 30 minute walk to Wal-Mart at 11:30 and be back for lunch at noon - have leftovers from last night which was yummy - baked chicken, brown rice and broccoli - not sure what i will do for dinner have a night meeting but will grab something healthy for sure -

i love that i know that if i want something sweet all i have to do is wait till saturday!!!! this rocks!

aloha - julie

Jaymiz

Re: Day ONE - here we GO

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Sharky wrote:Hi All - just wanted you to know that i am at day ONE of being a no-s'er - is that what i am NOW - hahaha
aloha - julie
Welcome, Julie! Today's technically my 3rd day of "No-Sing" as I was going to wait until today, but a gal on here wrote and said I could start Saturday, and just consider my first two days "S" days! LOL. So, that's what I did. Today's my first "N" day, though. ;)

Today's been tricky, going without snacks & sweets (seconds aren't usually a problem for me), but I'm managing, so far!

I have a feeling I'm really going to like this plan!
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 pm

Well i guess yesterday was my first day then cause it was definitely an S-day and it was Sunday - so hey i am on my 2nd DAY!!!

Snacks will be my tough challenge with an office full of junk food - two horrible (only kidding) who LOVE To bake every weekend and bring it in for everyone - sucks! But i can do this - when i am tempted i am going to come here and talk to you all!!

OH and am going to buy the book today i hope - going to a local Barnes and Noble but if i cannot find it there i will buy online

good luck to you too!!!! julie

Laff

Post by Laff » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:04 pm

Good luck to both of you!
I will count this as my Day 2 as well. On my first nos day I was out for lunch and without a thought going through my empty head I had an afterdinner mint in my mouth!! So I score red in my HabitCal for today. After putting the very red color up I decided to add calendars for each of the 3 nos factors. It seems a bit picky but it will help me to see what areas I am having trouble with. I don't plan to keep them up forever but it will be helpful for now.
This is my second go-round with nos. I did lose a few pounds the first time and then had surgery. For whatever reason I jumped ship and gained the weight back. I am happy to be back.

Reinhard--congratulations on the book being published!! The proof is in the pudding (bad choice of words) in that you and several other people here are still losing or maintaining. You really are an inspiration.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:47 am

Sharky, Jamiz, and Laff

I have not been nosing too long, almost one month, but it has just been amazing. I LOVE IT.

I SUSPECT THAT YOU ALL WILL LOVE IT TOO
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

eljay

Post by eljay » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:16 am

Laff, that's what I did on my first N day too! Except it was a lollipop; the restaurant has a basket of small hard candies -- star mints, lollipops -- at the cash register, and I just grabbed one without a single thought in my head. But hey, if the power of habit can work against us that strongly, it can also be harnessed for good. :D

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Isn't it funny how stuff just becomes so ingrained that you do it without even thinking about it? I'm hoping that, eventually, NoS will be like that for me (as Reinhard says in his podcasts -- that it becomes habit/automatic).

Yesterday I caught myself reaching for chocolate Easter eggs *automatically* when the kids got home from school, but just before my hand touched them, I "woke up", so-to-speak, and went "Oops! No snacks, no sweets!" and I walked away! LOL. It was kinda funny actually!

But, to have actually *caught* myself doing something that's become so ingrained, that's what got me... made me shake my head in a little bit of amazement. :-?

Vcjeff

Week one down...how many more to go????

Post by Vcjeff » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 pm

I have just finished my first week as a no-s'r and feeling pretty good! Snacking has always been my downfall but it really was not as bad as I thought it would be to give it up. I'm afraid that when I DO snack, eat sweets, etc on the S-days, that I will feel like I have to start the diet all over again on Monday and that I have cheated. Is that normal?

Anyway, I plan on making this THE ONE that gets me back to my ole self!
Wish me luck (and give me your support - I'm going to need it!)

Jaymiz

Re: Week one down...how many more to go????

Post by Jaymiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Vcjeff wrote:Wish me luck (and give me your support - I'm going to need it!)
Good luck! :D

Laff

Post by Laff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:08 am

Best of luck, Vcjeff from snowy Saskatchewan!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

curves064

First Day!

Post by curves064 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm

This is our first day - meaning myself and my two kids. I thought this would be a fantastic way to get all of us into some better habits. We all got up 1/2 hour earlier today and I made us all breakfast. Then, they have the ingredients for lunch and I will make dinner. I think it will help us all stop snacking or indulging because we are famished from not eating enough. Then on the weekends we are going to plan a fantastic dessert to make and enjoy together. We are also going to hit the gym together every other day to start. I have been recovering from several surgeries and my metabolism is a disaster. I am real excited to see how my energy levels are!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:21 pm

curves064,

that is so wonderful you are doing this with you and your kids!

Welcome,
Blueskighs

Ejohnson7

Day One

Post by Ejohnson7 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:32 pm

It's only 11:30 and I'm STARVING! I tried to bulk up on breakfast, but could only eat so much without exploding. My students are taking their Standardized Test this week and it is perfectly silent in my classroom. I'm feeling so hungry I'm ready to eat one of the kids!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
That is a joke--these days you never know.

I am going to have the world's most gigantic salad for lunch.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:49 am

EJohnson7,

you are so funny!!!!!!! I will now forever envision exploding one plate breakfasts :lol:

Hope the worlds most gigantic salad was wonderful!

Blueskighs

Ejohnson7

Day 2

Post by Ejohnson7 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:24 am

I survived Day One & Day Two...no students were harmed either during this time.

I was a bit indecisive about whether today was a special (S) day or not as my husband and I were going out to dinner & the theater--decided that S's could wait till tomorrow and just had dinner and no dessert.

Day Two was much better than day one. I'm a little nervous about going into the weekend--I will try not to go "nuts" and undo all the good I've done.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Ejohnson7,

way to go on keeping with your N days!

Blueskighs

CrazyCatLady

Re: Day One

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Ejohnson7 wrote:It's only 11:30 and I'm STARVING! I tried to bulk up on breakfast, but could only eat so much without exploding. My students are taking their Standardized Test this week and it is perfectly silent in my classroom. I'm feeling so hungry I'm ready to eat one of the kids!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
That is a joke--these days you never know.

I am going to have the world's most gigantic salad for lunch.
Welcome, EJohnson! Actually, the fact that you got hungry just before lunch time is lovely! It is not so good to be starving 2-3 hours before the next meal, but if you made it to 11:30 you are in good shape, assuming your lunch is 12 or 12:30!

And...I have found that the idea of that pre-meal hunger being so scary fades away. It is just a sign that yes, you are due for another meal soon.

Is it ok if I think of you as Elton Johnson, the teacher who wears the crazy glasses?!?