My first day and i need help :-(

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

randycandylamb

My first day and i need help :-(

Post by randycandylamb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:15 am

Hello. Today is the first day of me being on the diet and Im just so confused on what to eat. Like I dont know if what Im eating is ok or if its not ok. For lunch I had a tuna sandwhich and dinner I had a piece of chicken and mashed potatoes. And I slipped up and had a sip of soda because Im going through a really bad caffeine withdrawl, its killing me.
"Take a chance cause you might grow"

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 am

Take a plate. Put food on it. As long as it's not clearly a sweet like candy, cake, cookies or pie, it's legal.

C'est tous!

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:25 am

Tuna's good. Are you concerned about the mayo? Don't be. Chicken with mashed potatoes is good too. Let me guess, mashed potatoes are too fattening or is it the butter? Or was it fried chicken and now you are feeling bad about that.

During the week, the only "forbidden foods" (and drinks) are sweets, things you would eat for a treat or dessert. But you can eat the other "bad" foods the foods that all the other diets say to never ever eat. However, you can only eat what you can fit on one plate. No seconds.

Don't beat yourself up over the sip of soda. It happens. Are you having headaches? Try tea.

After you figure this out, you can start thinking about things like adding more vegetables and fruits. But for now concentrate on the these three things, no sweets (soda), no snacks, no seconds.

You can do this.

randycandylamb

Post by randycandylamb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:35 am

well yeah the mashed potatoes my mom put butter on it and it was to late to tell her no and the chicken was just plain white chicken with barbeque sauce. tea makes me sick :?
"Take a chance cause you might grow"

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:46 am

Hahah!!!
Randycandylamb you crackin me up!
Love that moving pic!
LOL :)
Good luck with getting to understand the NoS diet.
Read the homepage and go buy Reinhards book.
Its really clear and simple.
Don't make it more complicated than the simple 14 words..

No sweets, no snacks, no seconds, except sometimes, on days that start with
S!!

Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

apple

Re: My first day and i need help :-(

Post by apple » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:16 am

randycandylamb wrote:Hello. Today is the first day of me being on the diet and Im just so confused on what to eat.
Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. No snacks, sweets and seconds.

Eat food that you like and that satisfies you enough so you won't get hungry again in an hour.

Enjoy your meals. Cook different things and see what you like. There's no forbidded foods. Eat your steak fried in butter or grilled. Eat rice or potatoes with cream. Eat salad or peas or buttered corn. But enjoy what you eat.

That's it.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:06 am

With the exception of sweets on No-S days, there are no restrictions as to what you can eat. You can even have chips or fries, as long as they're with a meal and not a snack. Everyone has given you good advice. Make sure you eat enough. Fill your plate with food and enjoy!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:13 pm

randycandylamb wrote:well yeah the mashed potatoes my mom put butter on it and it was to late to tell her no and the chicken was just plain white chicken with barbeque sauce. tea makes me sick :?
You can have butter. You can have mayo. You can have pasta. You can have pizza. You can have chicken or beef or peanut butter or stewed yak back. You can have anything that is not a sweet as long as it fits on one plate.

You are going to be eating this way the rest of your life. The No S way of eating is a different in that you start out eating like you would during the maintenance phase of other diets. Ironically that's usually enough for people to see weight loss. Later on, you can worry about cutting out butter or whatever you need to but first see how you do just by following the rules.