Need Help With Monday!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Buffalo Gal

Need Help With Monday!

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 pm

So I have just started week three and I have two red check marks on my Habitcal. Both of them are Mondays! I can go all day long doing what I am supposed to be doing and then I blow it Monday night. Any ideas how to break this little mind game I am playing with myself? I do not want this to become a habit.

Mondays are truley blue in Buffalo :x

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

sassy

Post by sassy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Well, how'd it go? Mondays are the hardest days for me too. What I do is try to get back into the swing of things starting Sunday evening. Ease my way back into the week.

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey Buffalo Gal,
how was your 3rd monday?
today i thought about the part in the book when Reinhard talks about how many food decisions we make a day, and on this diet there are only 3.
in the N-days total there are only 15 decisions to be made. somehow that made the week more manageable - knowing that after i had breakfast today i only had 11 meals left to deal with before saturday!

I don't know if this will help you with mondays, but it might!

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:09 pm

I feel your pain, Buffalo Gal. I did great all day yesterday--even got thru the afternoon w/out any milk only to have 3 or 4 pecan sandie cookies before bed. :x I'm blaming it on TOM-(sorry guys). Oh well, I will survive this--one meal at a time.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Big Fat Red X number 3!

It has become a mind game where old stubborn values are trying to scare away the new. I was not even hungery!!!!! I just talked myself into going to the kitchen and wrapping a piece of ham around a piece of cheese....twice!

AND it's only on Monday nights I that I do this! Any shrinks out there who want take a shot at this?

Buffalo Gal

PS I am officially not acknowledging Mondays anymore. From now on there will be two Tuesdays.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:38 pm

It's taken me several months to get a handle on the monday hungries. I've been trying to cut back on my Snacks and Sweets on Sundays just so that I don't go screwing up my body and it expects these things the next day.

And <sigh> I hate to be the big meanie, but you might just have to be a little tougher with your tummy (HABIT) toddler!
Things I say to myself:

"It's just simply NOT time to eat."
"This food won't cure my boredom/lonliness/emotions/issue."

:) Good luck!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Hey Shamrockmommy!

Thanks for the "tough love" advice! It is the kind of support I have always responded to.

The truth is I started working myself up on Friday night to fail on Monday.

It really amazes me how we manage to accumulate so many mechanizims to ensure we fail at what's best for us. Old habits die hard.

Buffalo Gal :lol:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 am

Buffalo Gal,

I have been able to get back on habit on Monday,
but it is always the most difficult day for me now.

I just have to *force* myself to do other things when it is not breakfast lunch and dinner
my husband and I usually get in this really nice groove on the weekends,
kind of into our own time and space and it is so NICE ....even when we have stuff to do it is just different from weekdays ..
I mostly hate waking up Mondays and realizing .. the weekend, the S days, the groove, it's all over ... back to work

So I just don't know any other way to make it work than plan really good meals that I like that day and just get on with the busines ...
I guess what I am saying for me Monday is an internal game ,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey