I Think I've Cracked It!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Hungry Girl

I Think I've Cracked It!!!

Post by Hungry Girl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:37 pm

:D Hi Everyone!

I've been struggling to get going twith this plan even though it sounds so sensible. This is mainly because of my husbands erratic work and work-out schedule. He (we) get up very early and he gets home all different times in the evening.
I have come up with what I am calling the seven/ eleven modification. No snacks, no sweets no seconds but 4 smaller plates (luncheon size) a day at 7:00am, 11:00am, 3:00pm and 7:00pm. This includes some ofthe virtual plates because sometimes it's a bowl!

I will let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck!

pinkmommy

Post by pinkmommy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 pm

I have also zero'd in on this idea with my times slightly different.

In my case, I just cannot eat very much at a meal because of stomach surgery. Today I tried this approach (4 small meals) and my 6 1/2 inch dessert plate seems just about the right size for my meals. I'm on week two and was in despair over trying to stuff myself at meals to the point I'd feel/get sick and even then feeling hungry much too soon.

Four meals is a huge change from constant eating/snacking. And I do mean constant. This has been a big wake up call to how much I can take in my eating small amounts frequently.
Rondi
cherishedbirth.com

janiean1

Hello All

Post by janiean1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Pink Mommy,

I've also had the stomach surgery, but I've been trying to go on the three meals. I've been using a regular-sized plate, but I actually feel too stuffed like you said. I am considering using the smaller plate. At times, between my meals if I get really hungry, I've been drinking the whole milk with some of the no sugar chocolate carnation drink. I know that is probably considered a "sweet" but it sure helps get me through until the next meal. Anyway, let me know how you do with the smaller plates, and the one extra meal. I'm not sure I want to let go of the big plate yet! LOL

Janie :)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Good luck at this.

It's been 15 years since my gastric bypass surgery,
(pre-surgery high 271 - Post-surgery low 160..(.till after 9/2004.)
Ever since my surgery I've been having tiny meals,
but continual snacks, nibbling and grazing all day long.
For example: while I can't eat a dozen doughnts at one time any more,
I can still eat a dozen..a few bites at a time..all day long.

I knew I still couldn't eat large meals, but since I've started this 3 meal plan,
I've tried to eat larger meals, and
have been surprised to see how little my stomach will allow me to eat at one sitting.
I'm still working to have only the 3 meals,
because I'm not really stomach hungry between meals,
just terribly, terribly mind hungry,
and I desperately need to gain control over this continual snacking habit.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Hungry Girl

Post by Hungry Girl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Thanks for such a great response everyone. I've found a latte with nonfat milk and instant coffee mad in the microwave will keep me going until the next meal. It's a drink right?
Today I also ate a pickle in between meals which really kills the sweet tooth.
Good luck everyone out there.

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

I think those who have endured surgery have an additional set of situations to deal with that the rest of us don't. I found your posts very interesting, and although I feel that surgery would not be a choice for me, I admire the determination and courage it took for those of you who have had the surgery. I also know from friends who have the surgery that there must be constant vigilance to keep that weight from returning. The surgery is not a "get out of jail free" pass. Best of luck to you all as you determine the best way for this plan to work in your circumstance.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!