I blew it today!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CrazyCatLady

I blew it today!

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:09 am

I really blew No S today! I got a red mark last Friday, but it was a very small slip, and I managed to not keep eating after it happened, so I figured it was a learning experience.

But today I was out of good lunch options, so I had a weird lunch. Then was really hungry on the way home from work, and stopped at the grocery store. I got lots of healthy and delicious choices. Did not buy pure sugar junk (very different from before No S!) On the way home it was really hard not to dig in and start eating. How terrible is that...I need to overcome the habit to nosh on the way home from the grocery store!

Anyhow, as dinner was cooking, I started munching...healthy veggies, but still not right. I wanted to mark my habitcal green, so I told myself eating cut up veggie before the meal wasn't much different than with the meal...but after dinner I just kept putting food in my mouth.

Was thinking...I'm already red for today...why not? Even had cookies!

The dinner/binge is finally over. And I have healthy options to pack for lunches. And I WILL have a green mark on my habitcal for tomorrow, and I WILL have a better day tomorrow!

Sigh! This is so simple, yet sometimes so difficult!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:18 am

But today I was out of good lunch options, so I had a weird lunch.
well THIS may sound weird, but a few weeks before I started No S I had a very similar experience. I was stressed out and I just couldn't THINK of what to eat ... it led to a particualry gnarly downhill experience with food.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED? for me some kind of mental blank spot,

so i made a list of about 80 things I enjoy eating. I just keep it on my desk and when I just can't think of anything to eat I pull out that list ... the amazing thing was on that particular day I was like 2 mintues from a restaurant that seves a dish that would have been perfect I just blanked ...

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:15 pm

I have days like that too. Or on the days I dont' feel very hungry at a meal, I'll undereat and then pay for it later in the day.

Just get back on track at the next meal, don't let one red moment ruin the entire day :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:13 pm

don't let one red moment ruin the entire day :)
Well said!!! "one red moment." I'm going to remember that.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:23 am

That is great...one red moment! I will try to remember that! And I will plan more "default" meals....like going to the sandwich shop 5 minutes from work if I didn't pack a decent lunch! Thanks for all the support! I love this place!

amyg

Post by amyg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 pm

:D Today I've been a good girl.....I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and bought a dozen for my co-workers. I didn't have one! Before no-s I would not even considered not having one...or two! I'm on a roll! I could do this because it's Friday and if I want something over the weekend, I can have it. That makes it soooo much easier to resist the weekday temptations. :twisted:
I know the day will come when someone brings something in at work that I just can't say no to, and when it happens...and I have a red moment, I will NOT let it drag me down for the rest of the day! We are human...we screw up....SO WHAT! Keep going! It will be OK!!!