It's getting easier!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MoTappin

It's getting easier!

Post by MoTappin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:06 pm

I started NO-Sing on the 11th, and I've had a few slips, making today day #11 on habit.

I'm really loving this whole thing. So much freedom, so simple. I always thought I had to be told what to eat and what not to eat. I always thought I needed some sort of food list. I was wrong. And day by day, it's getting so much easier. I'm enjoying my food a lot more, and really trying to make each one count nutritionally (just like the book says).

I thought the snacking thing would be super hard for me because I've always been a big snacker. But know what? I'm finding that's the easiest part. I guess that means that all that time I spent snacking, I really didn't NEED to be doing it. My body didn't NEED a snack. It was just so much of a habit that I did it without even thinking about it. And now, I'm getting to the point where I'm NOT doing it, without thinking much about it. That tells me that new habits are taking hold, and that's what this is all about.

This is so cool. Thanks Reinhard! :D
Meredith

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:13 pm

I'm on day 13, and so far I've been on Habit every day. But I know what you mean about things getting easier and more Habit-like...unconscious even.

I now barely have to think about food during the week....except to decide what I'm having at each meal....and since breakfast and lunch are fairly consistant in what I have, I'm really only having to think about what I'm having for dinner. And on S days....it's mostly a matter of meals being a little more undecided...flexible...and then deciding if I want a sweet or snack or 2nds.

So easy and simple eh Mo? That's why I love it!

So congrats to us for becoming Habit-like :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Hey MoTappin--this is Pam aka tgp157 from T-Tapp.com. Glad you're having success. Today is hard for me because it's Adm Asst Day & we've had goodies here. I declared morning break & lunch S Events & I'm back to the rest of the day being a N day.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

MoTappin

Post by MoTappin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi ladies (hi Pam!),

Thanks for the encouragement. New habits is definitely where it's at. Once those new habits are firmly in place, the struggle will be over. Isn't that a great feeling?

Hang in there Pam. Adm Assistant day sounds like an S-day to me--or at least an S-event. Do you have the book? It's definitely worth reading and I'm sure it will help me even more than the website already has.
Meredith

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:15 am

MoTappin,

are you using Habitcal? It's fun,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:23 am

I agree! This new way of eating is so freeing.
This is my third week on habit and I am so loving it.
I am so thankful I saw that issue of Woman's World!
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:30 am

sweetsong32,

that is so great!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

foxylady

Post by foxylady » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 am

Mo ... imagine meeting you here! This is your Mother of course. So glad to read you're post about how well you are doing. Reinhard had asked me to thank you for spreading the word about no-s-ing. I really cannot thank you enough for telling me about this! However ... it will not take the place of some kind of extravagant Mother's Day present (LOL.)

Seriously, I am as always SOOO proud of you. And glad for the success you are having with this wonderful new way of eating.

Love Mom or
foxylady
Within your weakness, there lies your strength...... sleeping. ( Sylvia Brown's grandmother )