I feel so sad that Lunch is over.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BrightAngel

I feel so sad that Lunch is over.

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm still new at this, but...

I feel so sad that Lunch is over. Image
In fact, I feel that way after every meal.
While I look forward to mealtime, I'm beginning to want to delay starting it,
because it's over so soon....and it's such a long time till the next time I get to eat.

Am I alone in this?
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:47 pm

I can do ya one better - I was frantic after meal time! Especially dinner, 16 hours until breakfast!!! Yikes, I thought I'd die - I didn't. All I can tell you is that is does get easier. When will it get easier? It's different for everyone. I found it helpful to eat meals as late as possible and still be in the vicinity of when that meal is eaten (breakfast 10AM, lunch 2PM etc.). Also eating as slowly as possible helps too. Now I am OK after a meal since I have proven I can wait until the next meal. I do however get very hungry about 1 to 1-1/2 hours before that next meal. But I am learning to like being hungry - I know it sounds crazy. But it's true. I truly enjoy my meals way more than I used to. I guess that's what they mean when they say "snacking will ruin your appetite". I used to think that meant that I wouldn't want dinner, but actually it means that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I should.

Hope that helps some :D
Dawn

Jesseco

Post by Jesseco » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:14 am

I can identify. I really look forward to eating, too. But I want to look forward as much or more to other things, now.

I am sorry you feel sad when you finish. I understand. I drink a lot of hot tea.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:59 am

Is there a way that you can end meals with a special indulgence? Maybe go for a short walk outside, or call a friend. Something that takes your focus off the food and appetite.

It is very hard to change from the "old" diet ways to the freedom of No S!

I eased into No S very slowly...but for me one of the greatest benefits is the fact that I don't have to think about food as often. You will get to that point, too, as you stick with No S.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 am

BrightAngel,

I can relate. a lot of times I feel sad when a meal is over. You know. Just kind of didn't want it to end :cry:

sometimes I think its that funny little point between who we were and who we are becoming ... i.e. people who to some degree or another relied on food to help us through and now we simply are letting that go ... and i think all letting go has an underbelly of sadness ... you know .. so i can understand feeling a bit sad after a meal .. that funny little space between being so comforted and what we lost by being so comforted ...
hope this wasn't too melancholy but I hear you,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey