21 Days Tomorrow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

HistoryTeacher

21 Days Tomorrow

Post by HistoryTeacher » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Tomorrow will be 21 days on habit for me and I think it's time I share some of the things that I've learned over the last 3 weeks.

1. I have had 3 supposedly RED days. Two of them were in the first week, where I had a snack between breakfast and lunch. On those days I realized that I was eating breakfast at 5am and not getting lunch until almost 1 in the afternoon. I figured out that if I ate a little more breakfast I didn't feel the need to have that snack. The other day was a day of 'seconds,' not a whole lot of seconds but they were still there.

2. I don't eat as much at meals now as I did in week 1

3. On my first set of 'S' days, I ate a snack and some sweets but overall didn't do too badly.

4. On my second set of 'S' days, I ate cheesecake for breakfast after staying the night at my sisters house after her housewarming party. Not necessariily a good idea, but no one says that I can't.

5. My food choices have been mostly healthy, but for the first time in about 5 years, I'm not beating myself up about eating something that has fat in it.

6. I went to the grocery store last weekend and instead of grabbing everything that was low-cal or low-fat, I actually grabbed the correct ingredients for my receipies and enjoyed cooking them.

7. I don't know if I've lost any weight yet because I'm not weighing myself, but regardless I feel relieved everyday to not be worried how many calories I'm consuming and should I be eating that or did I bring enough snacks to 'keep my metabolism up.'

I guess I'm just enjoying being happy and having the time to think about something else besides food constantly. I know that today might not be a great day, mainly because I have now come down with bronchitis from my wonderful students but I know that tomorrow will be an ok day. And if I make a mistake, if I slip up, I haven't fallen off the wagon, and I'll finish out the day just fine and tomorrow I won't have a slip up.

I know that everyone wants instant results but if it takes me 3 years to lose my 30-35 lbs. then it takes 3 years, but I'll be happy and healthy and not obsessing about food or my weight.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience,
and Congratulations for hitting the 21 day mark.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:39 am

Very encouraging, History Teacher! Great job!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:30 am

History Teacher,

Congratulations for 21 days and sounds like you are having lot's of epiphanies and transformations... YAY!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jamiebf

Great

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:05 am

Fantastic Histroy Teacher
I feel like you if it takes 3 years to loose the 30 than that is okay with me. I too have had a few slip ups but you are right, we just move on to the next day. Congratulations on 21!!

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 am

Good job! Your observations and thoughts about your 21 days are helpful. Good luck on the next 21 days!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Sharky

Post by Sharky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 am

thank you so much for sharing that - i am finishing up my fourth N Day - i cant wait till Saturday - you know on Wednesday someone gave me cookies as a thank you gift and i didnt want to say no thank you - so i took them - they are two medium sized cookies - i was going to either throw them away or give them away and i thought to myself - no i can save them for the weekend and that will be my sweet treat and it made me feel so good that i was depriving myself!!

anyway thanks again - i cant wait till my 21st day - so far i have been hungry between meals but dedicated - i too had to eat breakfast later than usual but there has been no guilt in what i eat - i make smart choices - its so incredibly nice to not COUNT anything!!! how liberating.

i ordered the book - hope to get it soon

good night all - julie

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Congrats HistoryTeacher!! It's a great feeling to have a successful 21 and to realize so many different things about yourself that you never realized before. It's very freeing!

See you for the next 21 :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:49 pm

Congratulations! You have a great attitude and are off to a great start. Keep us posted.

HistoryTeacher

Post by HistoryTeacher » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Here is my 21 days on habit update.

Weight lost: 2.2 lbs.
Inches lost: 1" waist, 2" ribs (mostly backfat), 1 1/2" hips, 1/2" thighs
Total Inches lost: 5" in 21 days

Whoo Hoo!!!!

Just wanted to share that No S can be successful and not everything has to be done at one time. I'm down to having Starbucks only 3 times a week rather than 5 (thanks for all the great advice on my starbucks addiction by the way), but there are no snacks, seconds or other sweets. The best part being is that my sister is now No-Sing with me.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Way to go History Teacher!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey