First red day.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

angelka71

First red day.

Post by angelka71 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 am

I really wish I could say that it was just a little failure but it was a pretty big one.

One of the other habits I've been trying to fix is that I used to always go back to bed for a couple of hours after the kids go to school. I've been doing pretty well, but today I wasn't feeling well and decided to lay down for just a few minutes...that turned into a few hours. When I woke up, lo and behold there was a part of a birthday cake sitting on the table that my husband had brought home.

He was eating a slice and w/o thinking, I ate a little "sliver" and then ate 3 more slices!

But I went on for the rest of the day doing no s and I guess I'll just do better tomorrow.

I have so little self control when I'm sleepy, something I already know so this has just re confirmed it.

carla70

Post by carla70 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:55 pm

Main thing is you got back on plan. No one is perfect. I had a FAILURE day on the 23rd, mindlessly grabbed a handful of peanuts after supper. Boy that red on the habitcal sure stands out.

Don't dwell on the failure, keep the success in mind and that you will have more success.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm glad you were able to get back on plan so quickly. All part of learning :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:20 pm

I had my first red day yesterday too! UGH! Had an extra slice of pizza that didn't fit on my plate with the first 2 slices and salad. That old Habit just raised it's head and reminded me that I haven't totally got the new Habits in hand yet. But I'm not gonna let it worry me. I stopped right there and didn't compound the mistake. So a blip on the radar.

And if I had a perfect Habitcal...I might have worried that I hadn't been totally honest.

I'm human, we all are, and mistakes are normal, allowed and nothing to beat ourselves up for. I've always believed, that if I learn something from my mistakes, then that's good. And I have learned from this one :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

NoelFigart

Re: First red day.

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 pm

angelka71 wrote:But I went on for the rest of the day doing no s and I guess I'll just do better tomorrow.
I've often done the "Oh well, I screwed up... Down the hatch!" deal before. I'm quite impressed that you chose differently.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Aw, it is SO HARD to make these changes! But you are definitely moving in the right direction, and learning your weaknesses! Put the red mark behind you, and start over.

Great job on ending at that point, and finishing the day well!

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:37 am

Thanks so much for the support, guys! It's so appreciated. :D

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 pm

Good for you for jumping back on 'it' so quickly!
I had my first red day on Friday. I had desert after supper. It had been a rough week (dad was in the hospital most of the week) and I was at the hospital with him. THe 2 days I went to work, my students were very chatty and I was just plain wore out. So Friday a teacher friend and I went to Cracker Barrell for supper. I did good, ordered the chicken and dumplings off the kids menu. It was a small bowl, and I still felt a little hungry. Then, desert...I was just needed to drown my exhaustion in oooey-gooey chocolate. So I ordered the chocolate cobbler. mmmm. I suppose I should have felt a little bit of guilt. But I didnt. IF I had it to do over again, I would have still ordered it!! :twisted:
I didnt even eat all of it. Just enough to satisfy that urge.
but a failure is a failure and I marked my habit cal appropriately! :o
"Teaching that impacts is not head to head but heart to heart."