Last night

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sassy

Last night

Post by sassy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my car after work running my kids around to their various activities and was getting pretty hungry. Well.....since Gray's Anatomy came back on last night I declared that I was not going to cook and so we decided on pizza and wings. I was "starving" by the time we got home and everything looked soooo good that I was ready to declare the day a failure. I got a plate and put on one slice of pizza and 4 wings, told the rest that I'd be back for them later. I ate what was on my plate and then it happened.........my head told me you aren't hungry anymore! OMG that was a huge "AHA" moment!

Just wanted to share with y'all since no one else knows about nos

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Woo Hoo! That's great -- keep up the good work!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

LindaGay

The No S Diet Book

Post by LindaGay » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:03 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for writing the book. I have just ordered it from Amazon and plan on reading the second it gets here. Since I work two jobs and have a home life, I am having a bit of trouble reading everything on the forum, the book should help bring me up-to-speed.

I am also JUST BEGINNING with a need to lose 50 pounds! I want this to work, and am looking forward to practicing until I have my 'big' moment!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Hey Sassy,

Your profile says Texas but you sound like you are from western New York...pizza and wings?

Congrats!

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Jaymiz

Re: Last night

Post by Jaymiz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 pm

sassy wrote:...everything looked soooo good that I was ready to declare the day a failure. I got a plate and put on one slice of pizza and 4 wings, told the rest that I'd be back for them later. I ate what was on my plate and then it happened.........my head told me you aren't hungry anymore! OMG that was a huge "AHA" moment!
Congrats! That's great!

And, I had one of those type of days yesterday -- where, as you said, I was ready to "declare the day a failure". Luckily, i didn't... I just walked away from the temptation. But, MAN was it hard! :-?
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:38 am

Sassy,

that is great!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

patticake

Post by patticake » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Great! I know what you mean. Last night we went to pizza hut and I got a salad and had two little slices of pizza we tried the new singles. They wern't that good they even tasted kinda sweet not a good taste for pizza. Before I would have eaten more no matter wht it was like. Yea for NoS. Have a good S weekend. Patti :)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:16 pm

That's too cool!

Ya for the power of habit being used for GOOD!

CrazyCatLady

Re: The No S Diet Book

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Excellent, Sassy. I've had similar things happen....simply amazing, isn't it?!? :D
LindaGay wrote:Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for writing the book. I have just ordered it from Amazon and plan on reading the second it gets here. Since I work two jobs and have a home life, I am having a bit of trouble reading everything on the forum, the book should help bring me up-to-speed.

I am also JUST BEGINNING with a need to lose 50 pounds! I want this to work, and am looking forward to practicing until I have my 'big' moment!
Welcome, LindaGay! This is definitely a heathy eating plan that can fit into a busy lifestyle!

DianeA2Z

Re: Last night

Post by DianeA2Z » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:54 pm

sassy wrote:Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my car after work running my kids around to their various activities and was getting pretty hungry. Well.....since Gray's Anatomy came back on last night I declared that I was not going to cook and so we decided on pizza and wings. I was "starving" by the time we got home and everything looked soooo good that I was ready to declare the day a failure. I got a plate and put on one slice of pizza and 4 wings, told the rest that I'd be back for them later. I ate what was on my plate and then it happened.........my head told me you aren't hungry anymore! OMG that was a huge "AHA" moment!

Just wanted to share with y'all since no one else knows about nos
WAY TO GO, Sassy!

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

KTina

Post by KTina » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Good job on being full and not having anymore. What a great feeling, to just let yourself be full.

I have had a few perfect days, which are challenging and a few days of not perfect days.

The days I have that aren't perfect are the resulf of eating a sweet or two out of anger or being upset. But I eat the sweet with meals.

The snacking doesn't really happen anymore, it's quite amazing.

Now that sancking doesn't really happen anymore, I realize HOW MUCH FREAKING FOOD I used to eat!--but really convinced myself I "wasn't" eating it, because I felt guilty and scarfed it down in the car, standing up, etc.

All meals are now eaten sitting down, I focus on each bite.

Can't wait to iron out all these eating quirks, but being patient with myself.