Day 1...sort of...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lorriet

Day 1...sort of...

Post by lorriet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm

I ran across a reference to this diet on a blog I read, and decided to check it out. I'm starting today, even though I ate cookies on my way to work this morning.

I am hopeful that this will be a workable system for me. I tend to be a very black/white person. I can't just eat a little bit of sweets...if they are in the house, I will eat it until it's gone, sometimes.

I've successfully dieted and lost weight once before, and I was very strict with myself, measuring foods, planning menus, etc. I lost the weight very reasonably, and it was the healthiest I've been. But I was very single-minded about it. Everything I did revolved around the process. The shopping, measuring, weighing, obsessing.

I hope this is something I can approach more sanely.

Any words of wisdom for a beginner would be appreciated!

Jaymiz

Re: Day 1...sort of...

Post by Jaymiz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 pm

lorriet wrote:Any words of wisdom for a beginner would be appreciated!
Hey, Lorriet. Given I'm still relatively new to this myself (only my 2nd week), I can't really give you much advice, other than to say to stick it out... give it time to work. ;)

Welcome to NoS! 8)
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Lorrie and Welcome,

Two "best" pieces of advice: (1) Buy the book and read it (2) read all the various posts. You can't go wrong by following the first suggestion and the second suggestion will reinforce the fact that you're not in this alone.

I find the thing that works really well for me with sweets is that in preparation for an S day, I plan the sweets I want, then purchase the highest quality of whatever it is I want and only purchase one serving. When it's gone, it's gone.

Best of luck!
Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Lorrie,
I agree with Diane ... Buy the Book! Also think about using habitcal as the structure of No S is to create habits that make this whole mess of losing weight and maintaining weight more *sustainable* as Reinhard puts it ...
glad you are here,
it is fun,
and Welcome!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey