I feel tired and run down.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xit95

I feel tired and run down.

Post by xit95 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I feel tired and run down since starting the No S. Maybe it is not correlated but I think so. Did others have this issue?
Can I be feeling a withdrawl from sugar and cafine? Not many headaches just more blahs.

If you have had this symptom when can I exect this to pass?
I have been on No S for 2 weeks.
I generally eat cereal for breakfast and somtimes lunch along with fruit. Then something more substantial for dinner.

Thanks for any ideas.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:35 pm

What kind of cereal? It sounds like you are running out of energy because you aren't giving your body enough fuel. On the other hand, sometimes I take a catnap to avoid the desire to eat at inappropriate times.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:45 pm

If you've quit coffee, you might be feeling run down about that.

If you've quit coffee AND are not eating enough, I can imagine you wouldn't feel very well.

'Course you don't have to quit coffee to No S. Just can't have those dessert-like S*******K's drinks.

Noturningback

Post by Noturningback » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 pm

The same thing happens to me if I eat carbs without protein.

If you are eating cereal without significant fiber (perhaps not the case) and fruit - well those are carbs your body will burn up quickly. You may be getting sugar highs/lows. Try adding some protein and maybe some fat - more than the 7 grams of protein milk gives you. Maybe add a yogurt, cheese stick, or egg. You can add flax oil and protein powder to oatmeal. Those are just some ideas. You can go about it anyway you like - of course.
~Danielle

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Sounds to me like you might need something more substantial than just cereal for breakfast AND lunch.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

janiean1

Hello!

Post by janiean1 » Thu May 01, 2008 2:57 am

I have experienced some of that tired feeling, myself. I thought maybe it was because of some sugar withdrawal. You might try adding some more protein to your meals. I have to have protein at each of my meals to stick with me. I know I stay full a lot longer.

Janie :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 am

I know sometimes I use food as a "pick-me-up", Depending on my activity level sometimes I just go to bed early on No S. To a certain degree this is probably normal? Many of us are sleep deprived,
just a thought ...

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 am

I agree with the others, you should probably add more protein.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 am

Protein is present in all whole foods except fats. More of a variety of whole foods would take care of a need for protein as well as calories as well as the carbs that the body uses for fuel.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

xit95

Post by xit95 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:19 am

thanks to all who replied. It is very helpful. I increased my protein intake with yogurt and it seems to have helped a lot.
thanks for all the support.
xit