Problems with Allergy!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TingTing

Problems with Allergy!

Post by TingTing » Thu May 01, 2008 5:49 pm

I am extremely allergic to tree pollen and these days they are flying about like crazy! I took some allergy medicine to help me get through the day at work. I've been extremely miserable! :cry:

I was doing OK on the No S Diet for awhile there, until this week! I don't know if it's the allergy medicine or my upcoming menstruation that is making me suddenly crave for sweets and snacks! I've been eating crap yesterday and today, in the middle of the morning, I became so unbelieveably hungry that I got a blueberry muffin. Shortly after, I ended up with a stomach ache! :(

Has anyone been having problems with allergies that is somehow affecting your eating habits? Can someone give me suggestions to get back on track?

Nichole

Re: Problems with Allergy!

Post by Nichole » Thu May 01, 2008 5:59 pm

TingTing wrote:I am extremely allergic to tree pollen and these days they are flying about like crazy! I took some allergy medicine to help me get through the day at work. I've been extremely miserable! :cry:

I was doing OK on the No S Diet for awhile there, until this week! I don't know if it's the allergy medicine or my upcoming menstruation that is making me suddenly crave for sweets and snacks! I've been eating crap yesterday and today, in the middle of the morning, I became so unbelieveably hungry that I got a blueberry muffin. Shortly after, I ended up with a stomach ache! :(

Has anyone been having problems with allergies that is somehow affecting your eating habits? Can someone give me suggestions to get back on track?
OOOOOhhhh yeah, I am really suffering. It makes me down and want to eat, but I just haven't. I can't speak too soon though... I'd so love to get a chocolate cupcake from the vending machine. I just tell myself there's only 2 hours left of boring work, then I get to go home and do my thing (exercise, read, eat dinner, relax, etc). The sleepiness I get from the watery eyes/from my medicine makes me want to grab a snack or a sweet... But I know it won't help me. It never did before.

As for medicine, I take an Albuterol inhaler/ use a nebulizer and I also take Zyrtek. It makes me a little sleepy, but makes me feel so much better. Also, I use eyedrops.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Thu May 01, 2008 6:01 pm

I've found that the only thing that works for me is Benadryl, and it makes me so sleepy if I take it during the day, I can't function. So I take two benadryl (25 mg. each) before I go to bed at night and besides having a bit of a hard time waking up, it does not affect my appetite, etc. during the day, but my allergy symptoms are much better.

I would bet alot of this is probably PMS. Hope you feel better soon!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 pm

I had problems with allergies that went into a sinus infection... ended up on antibiotics, and then had an allergic reaction to those! (April was not a good month for me, in terms of health.)

One thing that helped (after I gave up on the antibiotics) was using a Neti pot. (Google it if you don't know what it is.) I'd known about it for some time, but thought it sounded more gross than I could deal with... but then was desperate. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and helped a LOT.

Good luck!!

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 pm

I get a nasty poison ivy rash every year and always end up taking Prednisone. I just look at those little pills and gain five pounds of water weight. A day or two after I finish the complete dose, I drop the five pounds. I am taking it now and do not intend to weigh myself!