Typical Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dasha

Typical Day

Post by Dasha » Fri May 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I'd be curious to know what everyone's typical day of food look like?

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Current weight 127
Goal: 120

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 pm

I eat whatever I want and whatevers in the fridge. I do have eggs every morning for breakfast, occasionally cereal, rarely waffles or pancakes. For lunch it's whatever's available with a piece of fruit for sure. Dinner ranges all over the place....depends on if I go out or eat at home, what I'm in the mood for, what's freshest and healthy etc.

Then on S days I MIGHT have a snack, OR 2nds...and USUALLY a sweet each day. But sweets are now special and exactly what I truly want/crave.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 pm

8 am -- Breakfast: Cereal with skim milk. About once a week I treat myself to a nice everything bagel with cream cheese.
12:30 or 1 pm --- Lunch: Usually soup or Lean Cuisine/frozen meal @ work
Between 6-7:30 pm -- Dinner: One plate of whatever is for dinner.

:)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Breakfast: Oatmeal and/or toast and fruit or smoothie. Occasionally an egg. On weekends maybe pancakes or waffles. This isn't because they're an "S" food, it's because they're more time consuming to make.

Lunch: Usually some combination of soup, salad, sandwich. Occasionally leftovers. Fruit.

Dinner: Usually a salad and a main dish, sometimes another vegetable. Fruit.

The only low-fat product I use is 2% milk. I use it only because I prefer it to whole milk.

On weekends and other "S" days I might have snacks or seconds, but almost always a sweet (or two!) that I plan to have. Sometimes it's a special dessert when eating out, usually it's something homemade

I should add that I rarely eat breakfast. Most days it's only a cup of coffee or my version of cafe au lait. I've never been a big breakfast eater.
Last edited by wosnes on Mon May 05, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri May 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Multi Grain Cherrios with 1/2 banana and 2-3 strawberries (whole milk).

Tuna sandwich with lettuce. Grilled veggies on the side.

Not sure about dinner...most likely grilled fish with a salad or maybe a cheeseburger (we're going out tonight).

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Fri May 02, 2008 8:46 pm

Breakfast: Cereal (Kashi, Raisin Bran, All Bran, etc) w/ fruit
Lunch: Soup w/ bread and/or salad or leftovers from night before
Dinner: Chili, Pasta or Rice dish with fruit

I'm still very new to this so I've blown my first two weekends eating what looked good and really didn't enjoy them. My goal is to make sure my sweets are something I really want. For instance, I'm making muffins this evening for my breakfasts this weekend.

Meikmeika

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri May 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Today-
1 cup of coffee with a little bit of heavy cream
1 scrambled egg with 1 piece of toast with butter

water
cup of black tea

Turkey and cheese sandwich with real mayonnaise
Grapes

water
cup of black tea

1 slice of pizza
Cherry tomatoes

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Sat May 03, 2008 12:53 am

My breakfast is usually outmeal with some sort of dried fruit (and occasionally some nuts) tossed in, with 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch and Dinner vary because sometimes I work evenings, sometimes night, and I have college classes 3 evenings a week.

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb