A lil discouraged ?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

georgia

A lil discouraged ?

Post by georgia » Mon May 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Not giving up but geez a month and nothing ? I know it is not going to happen over night ?? I guess I am just a lil sad I made the mistake of stepping on scales :( and nothing I feel better which is good but would feel a lot better to see a few lbs drop I am great on M-F but am not all that "bad" on weekends at this rate 25lbs seems like an eternity ??
thanks for latting me vent .
And this entire plan and along with this board are truly a blessing.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 05, 2008 2:05 pm

It may feel like it's going to take an eternity to lose the weight -- but it will stay off for an eternity, too! Keep on, it will happen.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Wow I can understand your discouragement.
Have you truly been strict with the three meals a day?
Are you exercising at all?
Do you drink any water??
This seems very unusual if the answers to those questions (particularly the first one) is yes.

I know nothing about you, so hard to make an assessment.
Are you close to goal weight already??
They say its much more stubborn then?
I also don't know your age etc, but its definitely a factor in metabolism I think.
And, also, are you weighing yourself in the morning on an empty stomach and same time??
I can be three pounds more by the end of the day after some salty meals etc..

Good luck and keep at it!!

Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon May 05, 2008 3:54 pm

You are preachin to the choir sister! I was feeling like the only one who didn't work herself up to a plateau but started right out the gate on one. What gives huh?? Frustrating with a capital F. I bet the following go through you mind all the time: I am eating tons less than I was, so how can I not be losing weight? or On other plans by this time being this "good" I would have lost X amount of pounds by now.

Well it took me 10 weeks before I saw any loss - 2 pounds finally!! Yeah it's slow, but it's the only way to fly and you already know that. No way you would still be here if you didn't. But I get that not seeing the scale move at least 1 pound is really starting to get to you. You are wondering - what am I doing wrong? I feel great and I love how the habit is taking over, but why no weight loss? I think for a lot of us, doing the "vanilla" no S gets us down to eating what we need in order to maintain our weight. But to see some loss we need to take it to the next level and since you have been doing this for a month you may be ready. I wasn't ready until I had a good two months under my belt. Before then doing anything harder would have been too much, even though I was getting frustrated with the scale not moving. I felt too good about it in general to screw it up. But once I was ready I stepped back and really took a look at everything I was doing to evaluate it logically. It took every thing I had to not go back to old habits and try something drastic. So I cut back on my meals a bit, exercised a bit more and have been really working on getting my S days more sane. Just a little here and there across the board is what finally got something going for me. And as for taking forever - well it kind of is forever compared to the plans we've tried in the past. I think accepting the fact that it will take about a year for you to see your goal of 25 pounds gone will make it a lot easier.

Many of us are right where you are and it does get frustrating at times. Your mind tells you this is the best way to do it, but then there's that part of you that MUST see some sort of results in order to keep your motivation up. All I can tell you is to find motivation in different ways when the scale isn't moving. Every morning I wake up and don't feel guilty about what I ate the day before and that's motivating. I think monthly weigh ins are the only way to go. If I am only going to lose a meager 2 pounds a month, then weekly I may not see anything, but to go a whole month without dieting and see that I have lost 2 pounds is going to feel amazing isn't it? 2 pounds a month without dieting sure beats 10 pounds with some crazy diet that you can't keep up with. So it may take us 5 months to lose that 10 pounds, but it won't come back and more will be leaving with it.

Just take a deep breath and ask yourself if you are ready to re-evaluate what you are doing and to see if you can make SMALL changes to get that scale moving. That measly 2 pounds I see on the scale helped me a lot - sad but true.

Good luck!
Dawn

shea521

Post by shea521 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm

thanks Dawn, even if the post wasn't for me it was just what i needed as i too am feeling that all this is for naught if i can't lose any weight.
you can't finish if you never start

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon May 05, 2008 5:09 pm

It is so frustrating when you feel that the scale doesn't acknowledge the results you desire. Is there something else that you can use to determine whether you are losing, such as a belt, a looser watch strap, etc.?

georgia

thanks

Post by georgia » Mon May 05, 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks for all the responses I guess it was just a bad Mon morn and I needed to chat to someone in the same class
This board and all the members are sure an uplift .
I hope I can sometime be the uplift to someone in need as ya'll have been to me Thanks again and I will for sure continue No "S"

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm

When I had 25 pounds to lose I was miserable. Now I have 100. And I long for the days of 25. My point is not that your 25 is easier than my 100, my point is that dieting will work. Then you will put the 25 back plus an extra 10 or 15, until you have 100 like me. Don't diet. Be happy with maintenance and exercise more.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Mon May 05, 2008 7:12 pm

For myself, I feel that when the scale doesn't "show" me that I have been good, it brings back memories of all the diets where you HAD to weigh in weekly and if you were unfortunate to have gained (gasp!) you got a mini lecture on what you "did wrong"! :oops: And it was very embarrassing and humiliating so we have learned that the scale is the all powerful force to be reckoned with. WRONG! :x We have to "re-learn" to trust our bodies and our eyes and be satisfied with baby steps in the weight loss department. And that is so much easier said than done. :( I have at least 50 lbs to lose THIS go-round and I don't care how long it takes to lose it as long as I lose it and learn to love ME in the process. So let's take the baby steps together and hang in there and succeed once and for all, okay? :)