Which day is hardest for you?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

apple

Which day is hardest for you?

Post by apple » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 pm

For me, Wednesdays are always difficult. I feel like I've "been good" for two days, and then on Wednesdays I want a cookie to reward myself for my good behaviour. Or chocolate. Or cake. Then I really have to talk myself out of that.
The rest of the week is a lot easier.

Which day is most difficult for you?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Probably Friday. The S days are coming and I WANT THEM NOW!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 pm

wosnes wrote:Probably Friday. The S days are coming and I WANT THEM NOW!
Friday, too! I have a big red mark on my habitcal for this Friday because I went and got a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It's like I don't want to wait anymore at that point. Also, my mother-in-law (to be) was going away the next morning for TWO WEEKS, so I thought it would be nice to treat everyone to DQ. But still, it was my first Friday that I couldn't resist and wait. Oh well, as long as it doesn't become a habit, I'm OK with that.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Friday evenings are mentally "weekend" for me. I take some reminding that Friday is an N day.

Other than that, I don't think any particular day is "hard" or not.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon May 05, 2008 3:28 pm

S days. I frankly don't like the temptation!

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon May 05, 2008 7:26 pm

It seems to change from week to week which day is hardest. Last week Monday was difficult, because I thought that I didn't 'need' Sunday to be an S day. Now I know that that is a bad idea! Friday can be long because of the build-up to Saturday. In a way, though, I am coming to appreciate every day for the proximity to/distance from an S.

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Mondays! The first three were red...ugh!

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Mon May 05, 2008 8:17 pm

flipturn wrote: In a way, though, I am coming to appreciate every day for the proximity to/distance from an S.
Me too!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Mondays, for sure. Having just "treated" myself on the "S" days, I want so badly to continue, and --being that this is still very new to me (I'm only on week 3)-- I feel really deprived when I have to tell myself, "No, no sweets until next Saturday". :-(

But, I know it's for my good, and I will continue to press on. ;)
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon May 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Fridays. I'm mentally ready for the weekend when the evening arrives.

JD4

Post by JD4 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Wednesdays and Thursdays for me. Same as you, apple, I feel like I've "been good" for a few days in a row so I "deserve" a break.

icz

Post by icz » Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Mondays, for sure. I had my first red one today with a Sugary Snack. (ack). it was just a 200 cal Balance Bar, but still.

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon May 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Friday evening I start to feel excited about the weekend but never to the point where I have felt like cheating. Not about to let a perfect week go to heck when S days are only a few hours away!!! Other than that no particular day is consistently troublesome.

Soooo happy to have control over this aspect of my life. I just can't imagine ever letting it get away.
Dawn

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Definitely Friday for me..even Thursdays, since my DH has a 4-day work week, Thursday evening seems like Friday, and that makes Friday *doubly* hard. :roll:
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Tue May 06, 2008 12:22 am

S Days since, I'm a newbie... I feel guilty for my food choices on S days, I can't wait for Monday to come around...phew...

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Tue May 06, 2008 3:13 am

Tuesday! I suppose I try really hard to be on habit on Monday, then relax on Tuesday. I have had several red marks on Tuesday. Tomorrow I will be vigilant! :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:48 pm

I think for me it definitely has to be Mondays!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

trytrytry

Post by trytrytry » Thu May 08, 2008 12:46 am

I don't know about the days yet (have not been noSing long enough to see patterns), but I am always most hungry 1-2 hours after lunch and dinner...

MoTappin

Post by MoTappin » Thu May 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Definitely Friday, because I'm in weekend mode! Last Friday we went out for dinner as usual, and mine happened to come with a freshly-baked chocolate chip cookie. Um...red square for me. :?

What I need to do (besides ordering stuff that doesn't come with cookies...lol) is just enjoy the meal more, so I'm satisfied enough that I don't get so tempted by dessert.

Like someone else said...an S day is only a few hours away at that point!
Meredith

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu May 08, 2008 9:52 pm

My answer as to Which Day is the Hardest Day...

The Current One.

Whatever day that Today happens to be on is my Hardest Day.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 pm

Mondays and switching gears to be good again. :oops:
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 09, 2008 1:00 am

JustAnnie wrote:Mondays and switching gears to be good again. :oops:
Hmm...how can you switch gears to be good when you haven't been bad?
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

nikegirl59

Re: Which day is hardest for you?

Post by nikegirl59 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:30 am

I have been no- s- ing since April 14th and the only day I uses as an extra S day was my fiance's b-day. I find now on the weekends when I know I can have a treat...I can't figure out what to have!!! I'll be at the store looking and looking and can't make up my mind. Before I would just buy things not even thinking about it. I guess this teaches you the importance of thinking about how to reward yourself rather than doing it blindly like we did before noS. :D

roseha

Post by roseha » Fri May 09, 2008 2:40 am

Friday/Saturday at midnight...sometimes I want to go for a little trail mix, but it's really not a good idea :shock:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 09, 2008 2:50 am

I guess this teaches you the importance of thinking about how to reward yourself rather than doing it blindly like we did before noS
nikegirl

that is exactly what it has done for me,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

rose

Post by rose » Fri May 09, 2008 10:41 am

After more than a year, I can say there are no hard days anymore - or at least, no weekly recurring hard days. Following the rules is not difficult, it's automatic, at least as long as I am in good health and in a familiar environment.

There were some recurring hard days at first (friday) but since those were recurring, it was not too difficult to experiment with them week after week and devise ways to make them easier (get busy, distract yourself with something, proactively eat a slightly bigger dinner, have a glass of water close by...)

There are some days which are uncomfortable (headache, tiredness etc). Before No-S I would have medicated myself with chocolate. Now, it's a little annoying to know that I have to find another way to endure those days. Or rather, I have to find a way period. No-S taught me that chocolate is actually inefficient. I know that even if I ate chocolate, it would go away for perhaps 30' then come back and I would want chocolate again. That's not worth destroying my habits.

There are also some days when my usual routine is disturbed and I struggle not to fall back into earlier (bad) habits. I think learning to make No-S effortless in every situation is a lifelong process.
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

all as one
Location: wishing I was on the beach with my husband, Florida

weekends!

Post by all as one » Wed May 14, 2008 3:03 pm

My first weekend ate like alot of sugar, my 20 year old son could tell. I sounded like I was on speed or alot of coffee!

I'm new here and to this no/s 2nd week! Hello all!
all I can be is me, nothing more, nothing less.

CatholicCajun

Re: Which day is hardest for you?

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 14, 2008 5:13 pm

apple wrote:For me, Wednesdays are always difficult. I feel like I've "been good" for two days, and then on Wednesdays I want a cookie to reward myself for my good behaviour. Or chocolate. Or cake. Then I really have to talk myself out of that.
The rest of the week is a lot easier.

Which day is most difficult for you?
Hello Apple! Wednesday for me also. It is hubby and I's day off together, so we are here and there, if we stay home it's not too bad, but if we have to go and shop or do errands, that's when we usually run into trouble. But so far so good! God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous