Better Anger Reaction

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SusyAllison

Better Anger Reaction

Post by SusyAllison » Tue May 06, 2008 5:54 pm

I've done this program for a few weeks and then started not weighing several days ago. Last night dh asked me if I'd gained weight!!!!! Instead of heading to the fridge or cupboard to stuff my sadness I told him just how mad that made me. Told him that he never says a thing when I lose-only if I gain. So I weighed and sure enough, I'm up a little bit. But I'm not discouraged. The good news is that I reacted by telling him how I felt, instead of stuffing my anger with food. That is a big victory for me. Now I know I need to start cutting down a bit on how much I eat at meals. I think it is amazing to pretty much eat what I want and only gain a little.

Susy
I only get one day at a time.

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Tue May 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Wow, that is a frustrating thing for your husband to say and absolutely very well done on your part! Someone was saying that bingeing is really a punishment to your self, of which this is a great example.

Hang in there, things will start to shift your way :)
What Navin said.

SusyAllison

Post by SusyAllison » Tue May 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks, Blondie,

It was good that after being on NoS I didn't give myself the option.

susy
I only get one day at a time.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 pm

SusyAllison wrote:It was good that after being on NoS I didn't give myself the option.
It's cool how good habits can serve us, huh?

What's REALLY cool is that you just didn't give yourself that option. That's impressive.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm

SuzyAllison,

you handled that really well!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey