My First Week Done

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DebbiAnn

My First Week Done

Post by DebbiAnn » Tue May 06, 2008 6:28 pm

I made it thru my first week. Cant say it was a snap, I had to think about making it to my next meal. I realized that I snack, not because I am hungery, but because it is a habit. Being retired doesnt make it easier to stay on schedule. just the oposite. But I made it thru ladies luncheons and my Red Hat Outing (yes, I'm one of those crazy ladies in a red hat and bright purple outfit).

I wish I had found this diet 40 years ago. It seams that I have been thru more diet crazes that you can imagine. diet pills in the 60s, atkins in the 70s, fit or fat in the 80s, even phen/phen in the 90s. With weight watchers, Jenny Craig, neutrisystems mixed in. Now am eating like I did when I was a kid. These are the foods I love, Macaroni and Cheese, Mash potatoes, steak, baked potatoe/sour cream. I can even put garbonzo beans and real dressing on my salad at the same time.

I tried another diet that was advertised in WW. The Carb additic diet. It work for a while and I even lost 10 lbs., but that was it and it was not that easy to stay on after a while.

Thanks

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue May 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Congrats on your first week :D I just completed my first month and love Nosing :!:

I too wish I would have thought of this years ago.

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:49 am

Good for you!!
No its not always a "snap".. It takes a lot of discipline. You are doing the work here, not a pill or anything.
But I'm sure even tho its not a snap immediately, you must feel great that you are finally eating like a normal person and working on kicking some very old bad habits, and facing them head on.
Keep it up!
Peace and Love
Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Laff

Post by Laff » Wed May 07, 2008 4:17 am

Way to go on a good first week. The second week will be easier.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Wed May 07, 2008 5:19 am

Oh, I know! Baked potatoes...haven't let myself enjoy one in years!

DebbiAnn

Post by DebbiAnn » Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 pm

It sure is great. I am planning potato salad with hambergers for dinner tonight because we are in the 80s and will probably eat on the patio tonight. My husband is very skeptical about all this, but he is enjoying every bite.

Thanks for the encourgement

Debbi

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Debbi,

congratulations on getting through your first week. And the fact that it was not easier is what makes it an even greater success!

YAY YOU! :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey