GratefulDeb

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

GratefulDeb

Post by Laff » Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 am

I remember you being here when I was here a couple of years ago. One of the things I remember is hearing about your young son being excited about NoS. I was so impressed with that and with him. Is he still following NoS?? Whatever he is doing I hope he is healthy and happy. Hi to him!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed May 07, 2008 9:20 am

Laff
Is that you? Welcome back to No S.
Hugs
Mo

Laff

Post by Laff » Thu May 08, 2008 4:12 am

Hi Mo! I was hoping I would catch up with you sooner or later. How are you doing?? I am glad to be back!
Gotta smile. Laff

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue May 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey Laff
It was great to see your name pop up.

I am well, just getting my habits down pat and getting back to exercising. I have started my 8MM in the morning as that was what did the trick last time on WP (WW). I now need to find a form of cardio to further the exercise regime.

How are you doing?
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Laff

Post by Laff » Wed May 14, 2008 4:07 am

Hi Mo! good for you on the exercise. I started back to Curves this week and am actually doing some walking. The eating has been going great.
Catch you again soon.
Gotta smile. Laff

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi Laff thanks for writing!
Hope all is going well up in the Great White North!
Yes, thank you Richie is well! Not so young now!
Just turned 12 in March :)
Right now our issues are really the same as when we began in 2005..
His thing was over sweeting..
So yeah it's a day to day battle, and its actually a bit more challenging for him this year to resist stuff, as at his school, they have a little candy and snack stand that is *directly* next to his locker, just outside the cafeteria.
But we are both trying our best to apply NoS rules as much as we can.
With the prevalence of sugary drinks and "fruit juice cocktails" which are really just corn syrup, I'm personally very glad he is still doing NoS.. But its a daily challenge. NoS does make us much more prepared to overcome those junk food traps that are laying around at every turn..
I'd say our average success during the week together with at least avoiding sweets, is about 75% good.
We definitely still love the structure of N days and S days and it really does help!!
The nice thing these days, is more concerning the fact that years ago, when we started, my mom used to bring a lot of stuff into the house and just "leave it" around.. honestly i felt she was just trying to sabotage our efforts. It was like that for about a year.. I'd go nuts because it was really disrespecting my wish to support us on NoS. But finally this year, its sunk in that we are doing this for a good reason, and it is actually making sense to her and she even says she agrees (at least about the sweets restriction) with NoS and is finally respecting the rule to only have treats for the weekends and special days.
Hope life is treating you well!
Peace and Love
Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness