Revelation...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Revelation...

Post by xJocelynx87 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm back to No-S now after a 6-week slip-up (Yikes!). I gained about 5lbs, but I also gained some knowledge that I think is even more important.

Every time I leave No-S (twice since I started about a year ago) it's been because I go in search of a diet that will make me super-skinny, like cutting out carbs.

My boyfriend said it best last nigh when I was depressed about my weight (I think about it alot, because I used to have an eating disorder). He said: "Joce, no one wants to be fat, but you don't HAVE to be skinny, and you WANT to be normal."

He's said this before, but for the first time it actually meant something to me. I've been going in search of a diet that will make me look like a celebrity, but I'M NOT ONE. The people I should be admiring are my friends that eat normal food, eat junk occasionally, work out regularly, and maintain a normal and healthy weight. It's not my job to be perfect, it's my job to be normal and kick this obsession in the ass, once and for all.

I'm really happy I've realized this, so hopefully it will stick this time.

Jocelyn

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Joce,

I hope it sticks for you too. I am in my 4th week and still loving this. I just know I can do this for the rest of my life. I've never eaten this way before (well, at least not as an adult). I've always been either
1) just coming off a diet (and making up for "lost time"),
2) on a diet (and resentful and angry about it), or
3) knowing I was going on a diet soon (so eating like there was no tomorrow).

I've never consistently eaten like a normal person until now. My husband told me for years that I didn't need to be thin for him to love me. I never believed him before. How he stayed with me through all the crazy diets I have been on is a mystery to me. We are both much happier now! Tonight he brought home a bottle of wine and we shared a glass before dinner. We toasted to the No S diet because it's changing our lives.

Good luck to you.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:30 pm

How he stayed with me through all the crazy diets I have been on is a mystery to me. We are both much happier now!
that is so funny! we call them our "food adventures" ... with No S looks like we are done and will have to get on with new kinds of adventures .... and yes we are happier now too!
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

apple

Re: Revelation...

Post by apple » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

xJocelynx87 wrote:He said: "Joce, no one wants to be fat, but you don't HAVE to be skinny, and you WANT to be normal."

... He's said this before, but for the first time it actually meant something to me. I've been going in search of a diet that will make me look like a celebrity, but I'M NOT ONE.
I really need to remember this too. There is absolutely no good reason why I should want to be very thin, and I know that I will not get there and enjoy life at the same time. Yet when I see a movie I still want to be as thin as the actresses. Even though I know this is silly and impossible.

Remember to be grateful for your health, that's the most important thing. I can walk, run, and dance. I have a job, and I can go on holiday and do other fun things. I have every reason to be happy and grateful.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu May 08, 2008 1:01 pm

I suffer from this mentality too. I'd love to look like Katherine Heigl or any of the girls on Gossip Girl (they play teens, but most --except for one-- are around my age of early 20s). But I have to remember that I'm short, I have big hips/I'm not a tiny build, I don't have a personal trainer and hours to exercise, and I don't have THE FACE.

I know this sounds horrible, but even if I was as thin as them, I'd still look like ME. It wouldn't make me gorgeous like them. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe I'm ugly, I just don't have the Hollywood look, no matter WHAT my weight. I have to keep that in mind.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Thu May 08, 2008 2:05 pm

You know it takes a lot of people to make those stars look good! I have a friend who lives in Hollywood and laughs about "bumping" into stars without hair and makeup. Most of the time she does not even know who they are.

The beauty of all of us is that we are all different. Who would want a world full of people who looked alike? Celebrate how you look...sounds like your boyfriend already does. If you can improve by getting into shape...good for you.

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.